How to insert blank every xx copies for a single sheet document???

mwc

Is there a way that you know of to do the following....
Fiery RIP
On a run of 2500 4/4 of 1 form 12x18
I need to insert a sheet (printed or not) every 25 sheets or 'copies'.
...essentially a slip sheet for bindery for shrinkwrapping brochures in set of 25....
I cant seem to locate an option in the Fiery to do this?
NOTE that this is a 1 form document, printing 2500 statics copies, every 25 copies I'd like a blank sheet inserted...
Any suggestions???

I always just duplicate the document for how many copies I want. So if this is 25 sheets per set I just duplicate the pdf till it is repeated 25 pages. Then I drop the 25 page pdf in Command Workstation and add a slip sheet like normal.

Reactions: mwc
Take a look at pad printing in the finishing tab of job properties.

I hope that will work. I don't currently have a Fiery, but have been reading up on them as I will be getting two of them shortly.

Reactions: mwc

I hope that will work. I don't currently have a Fiery, but have been reading up on them as I will be getting two of them shortly.

Depending on your machine, this is a viable option. I haven't played around with it more than two jobs, as only our J75 has this option, and the machine we run pads on is too old for this option (maybe just haven't upgraded CWS yet).

Great find! I will try that option later today to see if it does what I need...looks promising...

Great find! I will try that option later today to see if it does what I need...looks promising...

Tested, this works great.
You set the number of sheets per pad, then choose a tray source for inserting a back cover/slip sheet if desired. The only 'personal' mindset that I had to adjust was for the actual copies desired....i.e. if you set the PAD to 25, and you want 100 total printed sheets...you enter 4 for the qty (4 sets of 25 = 100 sheets total). If you enter 100 for qty you would get 2500 sheets (100 sets of 25 sheets = 2500 sheets total). My initial WRONG thinking was that I had to print 100 sheets/copies, and the pad amount entered would separate the run in 4 sets.....not so, enter the actual amount of 'pads' desired, not sheets...

The "add pad back cover" checkbox will insert a sheet from a chosen tray for a back cover/bottom of each set. I would like the option to insert a sheet BEFORE each set for my situation, but I understand that after 1 set, I could just use the 'back cover' as the front cover for the next set....and just take the bottom sheet of the run and place it on the top of the stack to get what I need.

This link has a help file for producing note pads....just a rehash of what I stated, but it does not explain the copies vs pads desired caveat. http://www.efi.com/products/fiery-servers-and-software/applications/note-pads/

you can also create one large document and have it pull every 26th page from a different tray. (1-25 pulls from tray 3, 26 pulls from tray 4, 27-52 from tray 3, 53 from tray 4, etc.) You'd have to make sure you have all your page numbers straight. Might be an option for a doc this small, but I agree with just creating a 25 page document, getting it all set up, and then duplicating it XX number of times.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back