How to pick up jobs?

appstro

Hey everybody!

I am having a hell of a time trying to figure out how to consistently pick up jobs. The RAMpage current method is to "export" the previous job if its still on the client and then "import" it as a new named job. BUT then you have to go to the "FPO profile" for the new job and make sure that its pointing to the new jobs FPO folder. If the job has already been archived then you must copy the old job into an Import folder we have set up and import from there... Pain in the Arse...

On an exact reprints if you use the "pick up job" option it actually renames the old job. This is not so great for us as we like to keep the previous job untouched as redundant as that might seem.

RAMpage has a really complicated set up for what should to be a simple procedure. HOW is the real world handling pick ups with changes and exact reprints??

In the Scitex environment it was easy to do pick ups and easy to do pick ups with changes. This RAMpage stuff is confusing and a pain. Any suggestions? Help!

Mike

Here is what we do at this time. But to keep things simplified I'll break it down into three categories. I have not run into a scenario that renames my ripped files to the new job.
First for exact reprint jobs we first replate the job from the existing files in Rampage we don't archive and then unarchive. We then make a note on the job ticket as to what job we plated from.
Second for exact reprint job that have already been archived we would restore just the sig files to a new job created in Rampage. We don't bother with restoring the ripped pages.
Third for pickups with changes we will restore the ripped pages and sigs from archive to a new job on Rampage, then we consider which pages and sig files will need to be reripped and delete the old files as needed. In this case you will need to relink your FPO folder and rebatch your FPO files. We would then reprint the sig that has changes from Preps and rerip just that sig.

Thanks man. So.. You can import just the sigs? How does RAMpage plate a file that has no ripped pages. I am assuming that the ripped pages are archived and not imported or visible anywhere.

The ripped sigs do not refer to the ripped pages unless there is a change. The sigs hold all the ripped data to make the proof or plate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back