how to quickly re-scale PDF's in bulk

bcr

Hi folks,

I have a workflow where i need the PDF's to all be scaled to fit to A4 or A5 in advance.

I have set up a preflight tool for this in Acrobat Pro, but I would like to automate it, by e.g. dumping the files into a hot folder.

I have an application (Foldermill) which will re-print docs from a hot folder to a given size, but this is slow, and I prefer to scale rather than re-print.

What would be the fastest and easiest options to dump files into a hot folder for scaling?

System: Windows 10, Adobe Pro 2020, Ricoh Totalflow Prep, Fiery CWS w. Jobmaster.

You can create a droplet for the preflight profile and place it somewhere and then just drop the PDF's on the droplet. Not completely automated but works well.

Don't totally understand what you are trying to do but you may want to look at Windows Scheduled Tasks and Adobe Illustrator Scripts.

Don't totally understand what you are trying to do but you may want to look at Windows Scheduled Tasks and Adobe Illustrator Scripts.
imagine you get a folder of 100 documents (legal evidence), and the sizes are all over the place (lots of scanned docs). Literally just want to re-size/scale them all to either a4 or a5 before printing. Sometimes fiery etc can throw up problems if the page sizes are weird.

This is what makes it most difficult - "and the sizes are all over the place", I use python image libraries to auto-size based on known input and output. You could run a script that makes all of the outputs the same but...They aren't going to be to scale if the inputs are different - here is a code discussion -

Reactions: bcr
This is what makes it most difficult - "and the sizes are all over the place", I use python image libraries to auto-size based on known input and output. You could run a script that makes all of the outputs the same but...They aren't going to be to scale if the inputs are different - here is a code discussion -
yeah it's just annoying that Adobe Pro has the button to do it, but it can't be automated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back