Hows the performance of HP Indigo Press 5000?

Hi guys, Im soliciting your full advice and help me about HP Indigo Press 5000.

We are planning to buy this machine. Can someone enlighten me with this questions?
Here it is:
1. What are the things I should examine and look into the unit (hardware & software)?
2. Is it good to buy this machine (model)? Hows the performance & ease of use?
3. About the ink quality? Parts?

I hope you give me your full advice. He he he.. Thanks In Advance!:D:

Robert

Last edited:
Whether well you understand, what for this machine is necessary to you? It needs to be bought if from you really many works with use spot colors, white ink, secure inks and other rare possibilities. Any indigo press the worst machine for ordinary CMYK printing. Demands very clever and accurate operator. Only such operator is capable to realize all its fantastic possibility, but it is not enough such operators. I well know this theme; I work with indigo press 5000 and 5500 since 2006.

Sergey.

It's is a loaded question, in the right hands Indigo's produce some of the best looking digital prints on the market. If your operator is not well trained and the business is not willing to support the necessary maintenance then don't get one. It's a lot more involved than pressing the big green button.

Much to our regret indigo press are made with poor quality. The bad mechanics, inexact cylinders (as egg or asymmetric), palpation in tooth gearings, the disgusting electronics, many blocks (in particular BDU), work a maximum two years (four of seven have broken), mad cost of spare parts, at us in Russia is the greatest problem. I worked on XEROX DС6060, it also works two years at constant operation, but also cost indigo press and models XEROX for usual CMYK printing cannot be compared. It is absolutely impossible to compare and service support of XEROX machine and indigo press machine at us in Russia. The company selling the machine in Russia does much that buyers have regretted about purchase indigo press.

Sergey.

And also here in the Philippines, they are promoting a sort of CLICK CHARGE.
Paying a percentage for every print you produce. Free parts, inks and labor. And also less percentage for a higher print. But higher percentage for a less print. They have a monthly target of print. And they maintain very well the machine. No print, no additional income to them (HP distributor).

Robert

Spare parts and work free of charge only one year at a usual guarantee and two years at the expanded guarantee which is bought separately, with new machine. After the warranty period termination to a click cost are added ~2000 USD for maintenance service and repair. And it is better to users to agree on it, after two years the machine breaks very often, in right hands once a month, in left hands once a week.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back