HP Indigo 5600 IndiChrome PDF settings

Macmann

Could anyone provide or point me to the preferred PDF export settings to take full advantage of the IndiChrome workflow. I feel like there is more to the color management tab than I am fully utilizing. Thanks.

Hello Macmann,

Are you talking about the PDF export settings in Adobe Illustrator and InDesign etc?

As I understand it IndieChrome happens in your RIP. You might have a Digital Front End server or you might use the on board RIP that comes with the press. Either way, you set up your hot folders and that's where the seven colour process is happening.

What do you feel you are missing out on?

When I worked in an Indigo shop, I was just told the file needed to be RGB. The RIP wouldn't take advantage of the indichrome if it was CMYK.

Spot Colours/RGB for Vectors. If you want Indichrome in images then supply RGB images (make sure indesign doesn't convert to CMYK).

Thank you all for your responses. Yes, I meant the export settings in InDesign or Illy. The info provided above concerning Spot colors and RGB for vectors cleared the cobwebs for me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back