HP Indigo Color Management

Photobook

Hi,
Would like to get some confirmation on the printed pieces I have sent to a POD printer that prints on an Indigo press. The job is a booklet that includes several RGB color profiles (Adobe 1998, sRGB, ProPhoto) and also is mixed on the same pages with multiple CMYK Profiles (US Web, Indigo).
It is not an option for me to intervene and convert any of the profiled images or elements of the supplied PDFs.
Are all of the color profiles honored? I realize that it may depend on the Indigo's particular set-up, but am wondering if the capabilities of the Indigo and RIP allow for multiple color profiles and multiple color-spaces all to be honored?

The Indigo Harlequin rip version 7.x.x, does honor input rgb profiles, we are using it with good results.
It have to be configured correctly, and told how to behave when no profiles are attached.

same behaviour at our site; we process all sorts of rgb input without an issue. We use the hp production pro print server ('matrix') rip from hp, which basically is a cluster of harlequin rips.

Dear Photobook,

I am not perfectly updated with the Indigo rip solution but some year back colour management was not a strong feature so to say in this rip. Great press, poor CM in rip.
It is perhaps better today.
One of my clients decided early to do the colour management before the jobs hit the rip. They still do and they win the Swedish "Best Print" competition every year with this solution.
The solution they use honour all colours and profiles, CMYK, Lab, RGB, indexed etc.
Please contact them if you want more info of how they work:
Mr Wessman at DanagårdLiTHO - Digitaltryck, storformat, offsettryck, bildbank, web to print, cms
Good luck.
/Bohlin

Thank you all for the great information. I'm feeling better that the files we have submitted are having all profiles being honored. Really appreciate all of the great resources on this list.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back