HP INDOGO vs XEROX iGEN

muminn

Dear all,

I want to know which of these has more advantages for a startup printing business.
Requirements are: Short run printouts, ~ Offset Based Quality, Reliability, Durability, Low Cost per page, etc.

Thank you in advance,

If you are start up. You are starting at a high entry point. I am an Agent for Xerox so biased of course towards Xerox products. I certainly see where the Indigo fits it though as opposed to an Igen. That being said, I don't know if there is an accurate way to give you an answer.

Anyone would need more details. Go do a demo on both and bring your actual applications (print jobs) and run them. See which one fits your needs, your customer's needs, and then negotiate your price.

I'm with jtamoe46; for a startup business, you are looking very high. Maybe we are wrong and the Xerox iGen and HP Indigo are a couple of toys for you.

I also suggest do a couple of demos and look at the options.

What you'll see on the Xerox line, is that you'll have about 10 different options from Light Production to Continuos Feed Production units.

I think a big difference between the Xerox iGen and the HP Indigo is maintenance. You need a really skilled and qualified operator to keep your Indigo up and running.

thanks for helping

thanks for helping

I have to point a fact about indigo. More you look about it, more you like it. Reverse is for Xerox. Sorry Jtamoe46, this is my perception. I have found a 2006 HP Indigo 3500 for 110,000 EUR.
I am a big fan of offset printing and crossing to digital, should be easy ;-(
And the last one, I must see these machine closely, definitively!
Thanks folks,

Muminn,

I didn't specifically make a recommendation to go with the Xerox Igen. I just said I am biased toward the Xerox, but I did want to respond to the your statement. I do think you gotta go with what works for you. I have found that customers who have offset find the Indigo "more to their liking". It is more like an offset press. Customer who want to operate the HI-SPEED laser like the Xerox.

That being said, I have seen Igen quality from customer to customer. The best running Igen's I know of have the best operators. They are trained on the maintenance an upkeep so they can do a lot of the easy maintenance themselves. Put that same Igen in a customer who waits for the Xerox tech to do everything.....and the quality will vary.

Lastly if you are going with Variable Data type applications.......I have not see an Indigo that can keep up yet.

Again, I give the feedback with a bias towards Xerox, but I try to be as impartial as I can. Good Luck to you.

If you buy the iGen (or any other disguised Xerox DocuColor machine) there will sooner or later be a time when you will regret for your decision.

If you buy the iGen (or any other disguised Xerox DocuColor machine) there will sooner or later be a time when you will regret for your decision.

I can say the same thing for EVERY manufacture, I had a Canon that I hated too, some days I hate my Ricoh. That's a broad a comment as saying if you stand outside sooner or later you'll get wet!

I understand!!

I understand!!

thanx kandod,

I agree with your 'statement'!

I have one of each and so far I love them both, they each have their strengths and weaknesses but either way make sure you demo both machines and that you'll have enough business to pay for the equipment.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back