HP Z6100 cutting off image

jcarter

i have a designjet z6100 60". we are using onyx to print...

It is cutting off the last 4 to 6 inches of the image. It acts like it has completed the entire print. IT HASNT. I have tried to replace the HDD, Memory, and Main PCA.

It seems like this issue started when we upgraded onyx. I am going to try a firmware update to the plotter to see if that fixes the problem. It doesnt happen all the time. i have two files (24x36) next to eachother (24 wide by 36 long). if i print one of the alone it prints fine. just when the two are next to eachother. also i can take two different files together and side by side) and they print just fine.

any ideas? PLEASE HELP!!!

A couple questions...

1) What version/build of Onyx are you currently using?

2) Okay, so if you have 2 different files side by side, it will print correct, but if you have one file, with multiple copies of that file it cuts off the image?

There have been numerous reported issues with this model printer, so I'm just trying to narrow down the details and see if I can get some info that is hopefully helpful for you. Thanks!

Download a demo of some other RIP like a Harlequin RIP or EFI RIP and see if maybe your RIP software is cutting off the job or the printer is cutting off the job. You could also try to run a test print on the HP to see if that prints correctly. Often the PPD can cause issues with the output.

We have Onyx running all of our devices 7 in all. 2 are HP Z6100 printers and have not seen any of these issues. We have had our PCs custom built.

We have evaluated other software including Caldera and Wasatch printing speed was really no different between any of the packages, however, neither came close to the color quality of the Onyx SW.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back