I bought a KM6501 in Dec and now need second machine

Registration Problems on C6000

Registration Problems on C6000

Hi,

I bought a KM C6000 . I am having a lot of front-back registration and skew problems on all types of paper sizes and weights.

Skew is around 2mm and front-back registration about 4mm . Konica Techs are not being able to solve the problem. Please let me know if anyone of you has gone through the same and had similar problems and if any solution to it.

We were sold on the spec that the C6501 skew is 0.5mm per side - or 1 mm duplex. We have been unable to get better than 1mm per side on a 13 x 19 sheet. Not much else we can do. You have to love what the sales person sells you - and then what the service tech tells you after the sale. Good Luck.

While the spec is 2/4mm for the 6500 you CAN get it better. However its something the techs will generally chase
What we ended up doing is skewing the file by X we now usually end up with pretty bang on reg.

Having used Konica Minolta, Ricoh & Xerox copiers I have come across this problem of being plus or minus a millimetre or two, but it has always been cured by the engineers.
When an engineer tells me that it cannot be any better I ring the public relations department of that particular manufacturer and tell them my experience and then ask them for a reply as I wish to put this together as an article for a trade rag.
Usually takes 24 hours to get another engineer who fixes it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back