I.Mer inker. Anyone want to comment on their experience with this inker.

• Thread starter Deleted member 16349
  • Start date
It seems to me if there are 'hundreds of installs' it would be easy to contact a user and get their opinion. Who are these people?

I'm with Dan on this one. The I.Mer inker is an interesting piece of equipment but I have not heard anything from any of the many users out there about it. I would be interested in hearing from someone who has retrofitted this to their press and what results they achieved from a conventional inking system. Also has any press manufacturer installed this system as an option on a new press?

Hello fellow Lithographers,

Just where are these "Hundreds of installs"?? in the printing world and why the "deafening silence" ?

Regards, Alois

Finding out ROI, and results on the I'mer system would be simple if you were genuinely interested.
Contact the dealers within your country and they should put you in touch with several sites where the system has been installed.
If you were genuinely interested you would then organise to visit several sites to see it in operation.
Simple isn't it?
You don't purchase pressroom equipment or try to evaluate roi without visiting sites to see a particular machine in operation and talking face to operators, so why would you expect such info to be spread about forums?

why would you expect such info to be spread about forums?

I have always understood that this type of information was why so people go to these forums. I believe in contacting users first to get their feedback of the systems I am interested in and then arranging visits to installs that are not my competition and will allow me in to talk to operators (not management) A phone call is a lot cheaper than airline tickets and hotels. As a first step I would expect that at least one press operator or supervisor of the hundreds of installations around the world would be on this forum.

Last edited:
Finding out ROI, and results on the I'mer system would be simple if you were genuinely interested.
Contact the dealers within your country and they should put you in touch with several sites where the system has been installed.
If you were genuinely interested you would then organise to visit several sites to see it in operation.
Simple isn't it?
You don't purchase pressroom equipment or try to evaluate roi without visiting sites to see a particular machine in operation and talking face to operators, so why would you expect such info to be spread about forums?

So the message seems to be that some people should not provide information.

OK, maybe that should apply to everyone. Don't give any information if you don't get any.

The point I was trying to make was even if there was 100 installs this is a minute proportion relative to presses running standard ink feed systems. The chance of having a frequent forum user who uses the I'mer and doesnt have any connection as a dealer would likely be slim. Then take into account that some print shops like to keep the systems and processes they utilise under wraps.

The point I was trying to make was even if there was 100 installs this is a minute proportion relative to presses running standard ink feed systems. The chance of having a frequent forum user who uses the I'mer and doesn't have any connection as a dealer would likely be slim. Then take into account that some print shops like to keep the systems and processes they utilise under wraps.

Lukew I agree.

When users finds something that works very well why disclose your methods. Having done the research, time, expensives then investment in new technology I surely wouldn't tell my good fortunes.

I don't see anyone on this forum asking press operators using KBA, Heidelberg, Komori or Ryobi about their ROI. An operator wouldn't know about ROI. An owner operator would know about ROI and unless he is an idiot he wouldn't divulge his financials.

Call the manufacturer or sales agent. Use their knowledge.

Last edited:
Lukew I agree.

When users finds something that works very well why disclose your methods. Having done the research, time, expensives then investment in new technology I surely wouldn't tell my good fortunes.

I don't see anyone on this forum asking press operators using KBA, Heidelberg, Komori or Ryobi about their ROI. An operator wouldn't know about ROI. An owner operator would know about ROI and unless he is an idiot he wouldn't divulge his financials.

Call the manufacturer or sales agent. Use their knowledge.

There was no intention to ask for financials. All I was looking for was some idea on the ROI in terms of years and what it was based on. Savings of paper or savings of time which would have been related to its performance. Maybe I should not have used the term ROI if it implies financials too much.

OK, I will drop my request for such information. I was just curious about the performance and I thought others on the forum would be too. I won't bother to ask for such information on this forum since some consider it too secret to share even though the I.Mer is a product that they bought and not something they developed. I won't make anymore comments on the subject here.

Funny thing is that this product has been on the market for decades and still I have not heard much about it in trade publications. Maybe that will change.

Could someone explain to me the difference between this ductor and the system used on Baker Perkins web presses?

Dan,
The Baker Cuim Roller was an ingenious way to reduce ductor shock & to all intentional purposes it was a spiral roller made up of offset adjacent roller segments. By rotating the base shaft the roller segments sequentially contacted the duct / roller train. Other than frequency it was not a method for controlling lateral ink flow so still utilized ink keys & fountain sweep changes.

The I.Mer Divided Ductor Roller combines the benefits of shock reduction with lateral ink control, replacing the existing remote ink key system.
A fixed fountain gap is used in conjunction with a fixed % sweep, thus providing a consistent & repeatable ink film on the fountain throughout the speed range.
The divided ductor is assembled from small rollers about the width of a standard ink key, by individually controlling the dwell time to the fountain of each roller segment the precise quantity of ink required can be fed into the rollers. Unlike other systems where the heaviest coverage determines the sweep speed & dwell time, inadvertently over-inking low coverage areas. Each segment is individually controlled so it is possible to run 100% on one segment and 1% on an adjacent segment without compromising either.
I hope this better explains the system

Simon do you work for Timsons? You guys should have some good contacts of users of these IPC systems. I am interested in this equipment as a retrofit to a 40" Komori press, does anyone have one of these that they have fitted to this type of press.
Cheers

Cornish
I am not at liberty to post customer information on here, being that I.Mer is a Japanese system most of the installations are in Asia, however we have been proving the system in the USA with very good results. If you would like to know more please contact Timsons Inc or Amerikal.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back