I need help deciding guys !! Xerox 1000 and Ricoh 7110 both offered in deal

thebluesdude

Age old what is better question doesnt really exist these days does it, most mid market (lol 'entry level' wtf) machines are within a few hairs of each other. I have two offers on the table a Richo 7110 90 page a min with extended sheet, clear and white toner, standard delivery in the blue corner and a Xerox 1000 100 page a min with clear toner, bookletmaker and squareback foredge trim in the red corner...LET THE FIGHT BEGIN comments please guys?? they come in at the Xerox costing £1000 per quarter more but having no click for clear and a 3.3p click for colour and the Richo costing £1000 less per quarter and coming in at 3.1p click for colour and 1p clicks for both the clear and white. Also guys does anyone produce envelopes on either of them?

Last edited:
Does the Ricoh not have a booklet maker? If you need a booklet maker I would go back and ask for a quote with the booklet maker.

We installed 2 Xerox 1000s without the clear ink option + 2 Plockmatic Pro 50 booklet makers. I am really happy with our decision.

I have a Ricoh C7110 with clear/white toner.
it makes nice prints. Have lots of jams though. And one big problem. The prints are too hot, so they stick together when they land in the finisher.
Except for that, its a great machine.

No bufferunit.
Jams on 300 g one side coated and 360g two side coated paper.
I think the technician can fix the jam. But its VERY difficult to remove jams.

Right I need to ask our sales guys about this, I do know though that without the buffer (cooling unit) that the machine would have blocking issues so they insisted we had it. You need to put your foot down firmly at the begining dude and make them sort it out for you, are you using the media catalogue or manual?

I am using manual, because our media isnt in the media catalouge. When I use the media catalouge, the air settings are totally off. And get jam every 5 print.
But I was thinking buffer unit too. I was just hoping i didnt need it. But i prpbably do.
Thank you for the feedback.

No problem, we were told that tech can make you profiles for commonly used stocks and add them to the library, they also have a gadget like a small densitometer than measures your papers content and make up to create a profile, good luck dude!

I was told the same :)
I have the gadget - dosnt work. They say there will come a upgrade for the gadget. But so far its 100% useless. It never even came close to finding a paper.
When you see the machine. Try one thing. Start it for a printrun with 300g SR A3 paper. Then open one door to make jam. Then ask the salesmam to remove the jam while you time it. I think it wil take longer than whatever number you thought it would.
Anyway, its a great machine. Only have minor problems. I compared to xerox versant 2100, and found this one the best.

While I agree it would be fun to make the sales person clear a jam the jam you see with a panic stop like that may not be the same as a normal paper jam. Depending on the jam the machine will feed sheets into the price tray which will not happen if you open the door.

Last edited:
Msaeger, your a Ricoh tech I see, in your opinion (not one of a sales guy) does the Ricoh suffer from a lot of paper jams?? I am currently running two Xerox dc5000 machines and apart from a water build up from the sheets sweating now and again I can count the jams on one hand over the last three years?

Hi There,

Out of interest, what is the Jam Code you are getting ? You will see a JXXX code in the display panel of the engine should you get a jam. I am curious what is causing your jam.....your tech can tell you whats causing the jam from the jam code.....and then advise or effect the cure......as I bluesdude says.....jammimng should be rare....

Last edited:
We've had our Ricoh 7110 for a week now and while it does a great print we've also found it to jam very regularly. Mostly on 100lb cover and higher and as stated it's ridiculous how difficult it is to get jammed 18" paper out of the machine. I get regular jamming on anything other higher than 12 pt and if we try to run 16 point it's a no-go. Yes I'm running short grain paper. We have also had an issue with our uncoated cover house sheet (100 cougar cover). I cannot get the toner to evenly transfer to the sheet, instead I get mottling and small pin dots that are lighter. I've adjusted the voltages on many of the custom settings and can make it worse, just not any better. Our Xerox J75 has always had trouble with this sheet with the same problems but our trio of Xerox 700 machines usually have no problem with this sheet. Another "gotcha" is the "27" sheet feeder that comes as a retrofit to the top tray of the oversized hi-cap feeder. The demo we saw did not have this option but when the machine was installed we were told that the tray is now locked from the front (no more using that tray by loading normally). Instead to load paper you have to poke it into the end of the machine down a long dark tunnel and set your tray from the end of the machine...renders the top tray useless for all intents and purposes. Overall it's been a reasonably decent machine to add to our lineup but these few items would have made it a deal killer if it was our only machine.

We've had our Ricoh 7110 for a week now and while it does a great print we've also found it to jam very regularly. Mostly on 100lb cover and higher and as sta....QUOTE]

@ jotterpinky
I have the same problems as you. But I have one extremely annoying problem. The machins SUCK at textured paper. That should have been one of the main features with the Ricoh 7100 machine with AC transfer and all. But I have those problems when I am running 240g textured paper.
1: Sometimes the print is perfect, 30 prints later its full of white dots.
2: The first two month it was perfect, always.
3: I can make it a bit better by NOT using "textured" paper mode, but nowhere as good as our old Xerox 700
4: Ricoh says it´s because of airpressure and humidity changes. Which I think is rubbish, because they can´t tell me what the correct pressure/humidity need to be.

Do you have the same problems ?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back