Ricoh 7110 tested

I have had mine installed for 3 weeks now and love it! I cam over from the KM World and love this machine.
I run Multiple passes on Clear quite often, this creates a thicker lay down.
Have not had much jams but we run a lot of 16pt Tango thru!

Have you used the white?

Ours was delivered yesterday, Start training on it today. Replaced our old Xerox 700.
We got the white/clear option and banner feeder.

Looking forward to seeing what we can do with this.

Are you having to keep separate drums for larger paper sizes? On the 700 we find we have issues going from 11x17 to 12x18 or 13x19 because we run quite a bit of 11x17.

The Ricoh 7110 has a "belt smoothing" roller that gets rid of unwanted gloss differential - I've found it works really well for what we do. I'm told by the tech that it can only be run 90 times before replacing the belt on the fuser and the smoothing roller (basically a fine grit roller to buff out unwanted scratches etc). We have a second fuser as well but have yet to put it in after 150,000 clicks on everything from envelopes to 13x25. It's pretty easy to change too, almost as easy as the xerox light production boxes.

Ricoh 7110X never ending install

Ricoh 7110X never ending install

Can anybody from Canada tell me what its like to deal with Ricoh? We have a mix of machines, but after a year of service issues with Konica we decided to get rid of our C8000 and get the new Ricoh, I really am not prepared to go through more BS with Ricoh but so far my experience has not been very good.

We agreed to purchase in Mid February and were told of some concerns with shipping that meant we wouldnt get the machine till mid March.

Come March 16th I am asked if I want to receive a partial shipment which I was told would be the full machine without the banner option and clear unit upgrade. The machine did arrive about the 20th missing parts for the RIP as well as the above mentioned items.

Training was deplorable, apparently the training guy they gave us had given notice and we were his last job, I had both shifts in to train and he spent most of his time alone trying to figure out why things didnt work as he told us they would. Fortunately I have a smart team and hey figured out how to get running, using another Fiery RIP and we were able to get basic work out. This has since been rectified a new trainer came in that was amazing, but no consideration by Ricoh for my expense or time wasted by their first trainer.

It took weeks to get the Keyboard/mouse and Monitor so they could set their RIP up, no idea why they couldnt just go to BestBuy and make a customer happy.

The first week of May saw our banner tray arrive but we are told it will be June before we can get the Clear upgrade, at a recent print show they had 2 machines completely running, so I thought maybe after the show they would get us our clear unit but apparently they want to keep this in their demo room to keep selling a product they cant deliver.

Otherwise the machine is awesome the quality is great, the registration is the best I have seen and my techs are great. Just so disappointed with paying for a machine that is complete and keep getting brushed off.

Anyone have a clear unit they arent using yet, lol

Hey Yookaroo - I had to laugh this morning reading about the RIP without the monitor, mouse and keyboard. The exact same thing happened to me with a KM box. The dealer shipped out a box with an old CRT monitor and a mouse and keyboard with serial connectors!! You can imagine my response. One thing I will let you know, believe it or not, to get the monitor to work on the Fiery it required an EFI dongle!!! Good Luck!

I did just that, I bought 40" Monitor, keyboard and mouse and still ended up cheaper and better than getting it from ricoh!

The Clear Unit was already installed when the machine arrived. Are you talking about the Clear Toner?
In the states the Clear toner is available. I ordered 3 and got them next day.

Can anybody from Canada tell me what its like to deal with Ricoh? We have a mix of machines, but after a year of service issues with Konica we decided to get rid of our C8000 and get the new Ricoh, I really am not prepared to go through more BS with Ricoh but so far my experience has not been very good.

We agreed to purchase in Mid February and were told of some concerns with shipping that meant we wouldnt get the machine till mid March.

Come March 16th I am asked if I want to receive a partial shipment which I was told would be the full machine without the banner option and clear unit upgrade. The machine did arrive about the 20th missing parts for the RIP as well as the above mentioned items.

Training was deplorable, apparently the training guy they gave us had given notice and we were his last job, I had both shifts in to train and he spent most of his time alone trying to figure out why things didnt work as he told us they would. Fortunately I have a smart team and hey figured out how to get running, using another Fiery RIP and we were able to get basic work out. This has since been rectified a new trainer came in that was amazing, but no consideration by Ricoh for my expense or time wasted by their first trainer.

It took weeks to get the Keyboard/mouse and Monitor so they could set their RIP up, no idea why they couldnt just go to BestBuy and make a customer happy.

The first week of May saw our banner tray arrive but we are told it will be June before we can get the Clear upgrade, at a recent print show they had 2 machines completely running, so I thought maybe after the show they would get us our clear unit but apparently they want to keep this in their demo room to keep selling a product they cant deliver.

Otherwise the machine is awesome the quality is great, the registration is the best I have seen and my techs are great. Just so disappointed with paying for a machine that is complete and keep getting brushed off.

Anyone have a clear unit they arent using yet, lol

The Clear Unit was already installed when the machine arrived. Are you talking about the Clear Toner?
In the states the Clear toner is available. I ordered 3 and got them next day.

I believe he is talking about the 5th station kit so he can switch between white and clear at least I hope that's what he means.

The machine comes with 5 stations installed and the 5th one has no developer in it. When the machine gets setup we install either white or clear developer in it depending on what you want. Then if you want to have both colors you get the 5th station kit which is basically another development unit and a few other parts.

Had our 7110 installed today WOW and WOW again, this is a well made serious bit of kit, very impressed with the quality and service we have received so far. Ricoh took test prints that were perfectly balanced, solids and tints of every color, mixes of colours and real world test prints on many types of stock AND then gave me them back in an envelope as an agreement to always return to the same quality over the life of the machine! Paper catalogue is huge and covers every type and brand of media we use and already programmed in.

Just checking in to see how everyones 7110's are running, we went and tested one out at a demo room and were impressed with the speed and registration, twice as fast as our xerox 700's.

Didn't have a jam on the sample paper we brought.

1 month in and 60k on the clock.
Can count then jams on one hand.
Great machine but do not tell everyone :)

We came from a Xerox 700 and the difference is night and day...

Can anyone share any pricing information? I am interested in knowing service and supplies/meter click costs with monthly base charges and minimums.
Thank You

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back