I need some help/Questions about AB Dick 360

timgzan

Can some people with experience with the AB dick 360 please help with a few questions I have?

Can the blanket cylinder by its self be rotated without rotating the impression cylinder on this press? Where on the press can I do this if so?

Last edited:
" Where on the press can I do this if so?"

push in the silver knob to the right of the handwheel and turn the handwheel slowly untill you find the locking bolt. loosen the bolt use the handwheel to raise or lower the image and retighten the bolt. dont run the press with the bolt loose or try to start with the knob pushed in.

How can I just turn the blanket cylinder by its self independently without the impression cylinder turning? Is this possible?

Last edited:
I do have it but it does no show how to rotate the blanket cylinder independently from the impression cylinder. I need help. Anyone know?

Last edited:
I know where a couple of these are sitting, I used to run them. They have been sitting for about 13-15 years still in the building we printed out of.

Let me answer the second question first...You cannot move the impression cylinder independently of the blanket cylinder without changing timing and then you need to know what your doing. Tell me why you want to and maybe there is another way to do what you want.

Go ahead and print on the 8 mil plates if you must. The forms will bounce some but if it is just once, it probably won't hurt, but you should adjust them. Also you should adjust the impression pressure (gap control) to avoid the support arms from banging. The same for the master cylinder but there is no operator adjustment for this.

To adjust the form roller pressure:
1. Note the openings near the form roller knobs on the operator side (OS). These openings gain you access to the pressure adjustment. There are corresponding openings on the non operator side (NOS). Look inside the slotted openings (you may need a flashlight) and you will see what appears to be two slotted screws. These are the adjustment screws. Each roller has an adjustment for each side.
2. The lower screw is a lock screw. You loosen it and adjust with the top screw.
3. For the top form, turn the adjustment screw toward the cylinder to increase pressure and away from the cylinder to decrease pressure. That is clockwise or the OS and counterclockwise for the NOS.
4. On newer 360's (ones with the larger lower form), the adjustment is opposite.
5. The spec on the top form is a 1/8 inch stripe and the lower is 5/32 to 3/16 and even all across.

A small adjustment can make a big difference so be careful.

Good luck

Tom

Hey tomtech thank you so much!!! Can I ask you something to confirm? When you say the form rollers will bounce a bit with 8 mil you mean if its not set up for 8mil right? But once I adjust the form rollers I can print with 8 mil no problem right?

And does the creatline rollers need to be adjusted as well or are the fine the same if its 5mil or 8mil? And are the adjustable?

If they were set for 5 mil and the 8 mil is now the standard I would reset them and also my Master Cylinder support arms so they don't bounce so much. When the master cyl. latches and the support arms may separate as the cyl. hits the lead edge of the blanket and come together when they fall into the open part of the Blnkt cyl. and you will usually hear a click as the support arms come together. The openings in the sideframes, op and NOP side where you clean the blanket or plate give access to the adjustment screws to minimize support arm bounce.

If you adjust for 8 ml plates and then have an occasional 5 mil, then pack the plate to bring it into needed spec. As the press is running and the rollers are against the plate, feel the form roller shaft knob. you should feel the knob bounce just a little, a little wiggle against the finger. Try it with a clean-up sheet and you will feel a big bounce. You cannot tell on the non op side without removing the side cover.

As for the Crestlines, I would reset them as water balance is best when set to minimum necessary to keep plate clean and the heavier the stripe, the more chance of messing up the water balance.

I hope that helps

Tom

Can some people with experience with the AB dick 360 please help with a few questions I have?

Can the blanket cylinder by its self be rotated without rotating the impression cylinder on this press? Where on the press can I do this if so?
You have to separate the two cylinders where the gears mesh together by the use of a crow bar

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back