I will appreciate any advice on AVALON N4, MAGNUS III S, SUPRASETER A75

danos

Hi to everybody,
We are about to purchase a CTP system and we are comparing (Thoroughly) offers from Agfa, Kodak and Heidelberg.
The models we are seeing are:
AVALON N4
MAGNUS III S
SUPRASETER A75

All the solutions are with online prosecor and without autoloader.
Since our location is quite far from service centres we mainly interest on how reliable are the machines in terms of hardware. The software comes second :)

Does anybody in the forum has any experience of the above machines.

I would appreciate any advice.

Though my experience is not with those exact machines, I do have experience with both Kodak and Agfa offerings. The Agfa Avalon is really a Screen unit with different name badges. I had an Avalon N8 and absolutely loved it. No problems at all in the 3 years we had it.

Not sure if the Suprasetter is really another product with a different name - it might be Screen, too.

One advantage of a Screen/Avalon is that you have a lot more options for service and parts. With a Kodak, you have to deal with Kodak.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back