i1 Pro not recognized by Matchprint Proofpro

btravis311

We drive our Epson 7600 with Kodak's Matchprint ProofPro RIP v1.0. I've had to load this RIP software on a Windows XP SP3 PC. The RIP software works fine, and the i1 Diagnostics app I just downloaded from X-Rite's website tells me that the i1 Pro device (connected via USB) is passing all the self tests. But, when I try to run a "re-linearization by measurement" function from within the ProofPro RIP software, the Matchprint Calibrator app hangs up on the "connecting to device" dialog. Anybody have any experience with this?

This is quite old RIP software, currently replaced by Kodak Proofing Software Matchprint Inkjet RIPs - does ProofPro support an i1 Pro - or just an Eye One? Have you ever been able to calibrate using an i1 Pro with this RIP software? If so have you updated drivers? There may be an issue with driver versions if the i1 Pro is indeed supported. Have you tried different USB ports? Have you tried installing drivers? Have you tried ColorPort or other software that interfaces with the i1 over and above the diagnostics app? Try quitting all other open apps.

Good luck!

Stephen Marsh

Thanks for the guidance. You were right to draw a distinction between the i1 Pro and the EyeOne. I misspoke: it's the EyeOne I have here. The original RIP system shipped on a PC with Windows Server 2000. When that box failed, I was forced to install ProofPro 1.0 on an XP SP3 machine. I've used the original install disc for the EyeOne to install the device drivers on the XP machine. I've tried both the original "EyeOne.DLL" file in the root directory of the ProofPro app folder (which is where it's traditionally resided), and I've also tried an updated "EyeOne.DLL" file that came inside the updated i1Diagnostics download. Neither has worked. The Matchprint Calibrator app hangs when it tries to connect to the device.

I have no other apps running. The only thing I haven't tried is to uninstall all EyeOne AND ProofPro related stuff from the machine and reinstall both again.

You're right: ProofPro is a dinosaur. I'm not familiar with Colorport, but I will investigate using it or another app that might shed some light on whether the device is accessible by other apps.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back