Icc Priflile Using

Hi,

I have a questiıon on using icc profiles;
I convert rgb images with Eci V2 coated and Eci uncıated yellowish profiles in photoshop'convert profile'. On the screen I can see color diffences but when I check the CMYK values, they are the same even the images look different. If I print the images in offset press on the coated paper ; the result will be same or not? Because I ripped the images in Harlewu,n and 1 bit tiff files look the same. i

If the profiles are different the CMYK numbers should not be the same after conversion from RGB, and the result should also look different onscreen, if you have turned on "proof colors" and have the profiles loaded in Proof Setup, preferably with paper white simulation turned on. But try another test: Download an ECI press test form in PDF. Open in Photoshop as a CMYK document. (Be sure that your Photoshop color settings do n ot allow automatic conversion upon opening documents.) Now, instead of converting to your two profiles ASSIGN them to the document and observe the appearance.

I understand what you mean but when I prepare a test file which includes test images and also tint areas from %5 to %95, and after covertion of the file images looks diffent but after I save as pdf tint areas same (for example %50 is still %50) it sould be change?

Strange. The behaviour you describe is usually the result of "Assign Profile", not "Convert profile"...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back