ID CS5 wrong language

Jason_CTP

It seems the language for my ID is the UK-English not the US-English. I have been using it for a month or so but I would prefer US version for words like color etc. How can I switch this?

Preferences/Dictionary
There you can change it to any language you want.
I hope this helps

That might be a UI/registry level setting, not a preference. If so you may have to re-install and choose US_English when you install the fresh copy.

At one time a few years back, I remember reading in a forum about a Mac app that allowed you to change that on Mac Indesign only - might be worth a quick Google to see if it works on CS5.

I finally got around to trying the ChangeIDmenuLanguage.app (thanks tbarnes)
It comes with a warning label. It worked on my CS5 (OS 10.6.7) but one would have to do some fixing in order to have ID worked as it did before using the language change app. For example: the hot keys stop working. For now I went and used the restore option. Maybe when things are slow around here, I could give it another try.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back