Igen 150 static and variable printing differently

adam.g

This is something we've been trying to figure out for a while now and we thought it was the machine but we have everything pretty finely tuned and most everything comes out looking great. On this particular file, we noticed that all of the variable data was printing perfectly but the static data is not. I took some magnified pictures, the M's are variable data and the W's are static, you'll notice the M's look a lot sharper than the W's. I am just the printer so I don't know much about file setup but I feel like there's something in prepress that is not being set up correctly, I looked at the color separation and all of the blacks are straight black. We thought it was a registration issue with the black not being lined up with the rest of the colors but it would be happening every time if that were the case.

Attachments

• photo8381.png
    photo8381.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 198
  • photo8382.png
    photo8382.png
    4.6 MB · Views: 217
  • photo8383.png
    photo8383.png
    5 MB · Views: 209
  • photo8384.png
    photo8384.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 202

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back