Ijetcolor NXT Supplies

willvp2408

Hello All,

Does anybody have a place to buy supplies for the Ijetcolor NXT? Other than printware of course.
Anybody notice how much ink is left over in the cartridges once they have 0% on the screen. It's crazy how much
is left over.

Thanks for the info. Addrex is cheaper than the dealer that sold me my machine. My dealer has the printhead as $748.00 per.
Addrex shows it at $595.00 per. Plus the ink cartridges look to be almost $100 cheaper also. Just wonder if they are chipped to only work in certain machines. I will find out. Thanks again.

Also looking at a KM 4070 to replace my 1060. Anything good or bad you head about the new machine?
The 4070 is built around the same engine as the 1060. This whole series has been great and improved each time. I was selling the 3070 series before I left working at KM and customers were always happy. You can ask @Ynot_UK for feedback since he purchased a 4070 recently.

@willvp2408 We've have had our C4080 since December and are well pleased with it. Particularly impressive is the handling of synthetics which we've done a good few thousands of, without it skipping a beat. The relay unit is fantastic, always delivering perfectly flat and cool duplexed heavier weight substrates. This week we added an LU-202xlm feed deck, to bring 6-panel brochure capability in-house.

Our configuration is: C4080 engine, IC-609 KM external controller, PF-707m vacuum feed deck, LU-202xlm extra-long feed deck with HT-503 dehumidifier, RU-518m relay unit, OT-512 output and external spectrometer.

Less than a year ago we were struggling with a C454e (great for what it's designed for, but not a production machine). After receiving some great advice on this forum, in particular from @jwheeler we invested in a refurbished Pro951 for our B/W volumes which arrived in September and a C4080 (the first installation in the UK) in December.

We used to have the Mach 6 from Neopost (now Quadient), switched to the iJet Classic, wish we could have waited for the NXT. Anyway, we have continued to purchase our supplies from Quadient, at a cheaper cost than iJet, ink and printhead work fine.

@willvp2408 We've have had our C4080 since December and are well pleased with it. Particularly impressive is the handling of synthetics which we've done a good few thousands of, without it skipping a beat. The relay unit is fantastic, always delivering perfectly flat and cool duplexed heavier weight substrates. This week we added an LU-202xlm feed deck, to bring 6-panel brochure capability in-house.

Our configuration is: C4080 engine, IC-609 KM external controller, PF-707m vacuum feed deck, LU-202xlm extra-long feed deck with HT-503 dehumidifier, RU-518m relay unit, OT-512 output and external spectrometer.

Less than a year ago we were struggling with a C454e (great for what it's designed for, but not a production machine). After receiving some great advice on this forum, in particular from @jwheeler we invested in a refurbished Pro951 for our B/W volumes which arrived in September and a C4080 (the first installation in the UK) in December.
Thanks for the input. I am looking hard at the 4070. How is the front to back register?

Thanks for the info. Addrex is cheaper than the dealer that sold me my machine. My dealer has the printhead as $748.00 per.
Addrex shows it at $595.00 per. Plus the ink cartridges look to be almost $100 cheaper also. Just wonder if they are chipped to only work in certain machines. I will find out. Thanks again.
Curious what you find out. We changed out our iJet Classic for the NXT back in January of this year. My consumable prices weren't so bad but I was informed they will be going up.

FYI- for those thinking about iJet

I have the iJet Classic and will probably not purchase another machine from Printware. The cost of ownership and the cost per copy is just too high. There marketing information is not accurate at all when it comes to that. We have over 2 million envelopes run now and cost of consumables is really high and they just had a big price increase.

Sorry to high jack this thread but its pretty frustrating dealing with companies that suck as much as they can out of you.

I have the iJet Classic and will probably not purchase another machine from Printware. The cost of ownership and the cost per copy is just too high. There marketing information is not accurate at all when it comes to that. We have over 2 million envelopes run now and cost of consumables is really high and they just had a big price increase.

Sorry to high jack this thread but its pretty frustrating dealing with companies that suck as much as they can out of you.
I agree with you. The recent price increases to over $700 for a printhead is crazy. No way the built in estimator is correct on how much it cost to produce the job. I had to replace the 2 black cartridges the other day. Crazy how much ink is still left over in the cartridges.

I get our ink and supplies from Mailpost Systems. Like most have said, they're all selling the same ink but MPS seemed to have it a little cheaper than Printware.

I agree this company is horrible, I wish I could get out of this piece of junk with high cost consumables on top of shipping costs!

Printhead is now priced at over $800.00. Ink cartridges are now over $343.00 per cartridge. Plus they want you to pay over $1200 a year for tech support after the warranty is over.

Once again, I'll say, look at your options. I get our printheads and ink from Mailpost Systems. Ink Supplies, Postage Meters, Mailing Machines, Envelope Printers
Ink looks to be a bit more than Printware, but printheads are $647. There could be other vendors out there, this is just who I found and went went. The Memjet heads and ink that these printers use are common enough where there are probably more vendors out there.

For reference, we just bought a KirkRudy FireJet 4c and it uses the newer Memjet Duraflex heads which are $3500. Granted, they're supposed to last a lot longer.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back