IKON 1050 Service Hostage!

Altstatten

Leased an IKON (KM) 1050 from IKON.
IKON provided service.

For various reasons, IKON is no longer in the picture (for service or anything else!) but I'm discovering that IKON's re-branding of the KM 1050 included a "re-keying" of toner bottles and possibly some internal software (?).

The result is that no one on the planet can service this machine except IKON. Since IKON has long been kicked to the curb my machine is in need of service and is in fact inoperable at the moment so I'm stuck with a lease payment and a machine for which there is no service option available.

Am I the only sucker stuck with an unserviceable IKON 1050? Has anyone been able to solve this service problem? I'm open to ideas. (I've called EVERYONE with a phone number and I get the same story from all. I'm looking for something I've missed or a work-around, please.)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back