Illustrator only has one font "Myriad Pro"

Manassasralph

I don't use Illustrator much, but I just noticed I only have access to Myriad Pro font. Generally I use InDesign, which has a lot of fonts.
After reinstall, no change.
Any thoughts?

So, with no Illustrator document open, you click the Type menu at the top of the screen and select Font, the only font that shows in the fly out list is Myriad Pro? If so, here are a couple things to try:

1. Reset your Illustrator preferences by holding down the Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac) keys and launch Illustrator. Doing so will of course wipe out all your Illustrator preferences and other settings so be prepared.
2. Mac only: If no luck, try wiping out the cache files related to Illustrator. They are located in: ~\Your User Name\Library\Caches\com.adobe.illustrator (there may be others but these are the ones I know about).
3. Mac only: one other possibility is that you might have a corrupted font cache file(s) somewhere. There are some programs that can remove them (they may not be able to remove all of them though) like Extensis Suitcase. It has a font cache removal feature. There are some Mac utility programs like OnyX can remove...some...of them.

Anyone else have any additional suggestions?
pd

So, with no Illustrator document open, you click the Type menu at the top of the screen and select Font, the only font that shows in the fly out list is Myriad Pro? If so, here are a couple things to try:

1. Reset your Illustrator preferences by holding down the Alt+Control+Shift (Windows) or Option+Command+Shift (Mac) keys and launch Illustrator. Doing so will of course wipe out all your Illustrator preferences and other settings so be prepared.
2. Mac only: If no luck, try wiping out the cache files related to Illustrator. They are located in: ~\Your User Name\Library\Caches\com.adobe.illustrator (there may be others but these are the ones I know about).
3. Mac only: one other possibility is that you might have a corrupted font cache file(s) somewhere. There are some programs that can remove them (they may not be able to remove all of them though) like Extensis Suitcase. It has a font cache removal feature. There are some Mac utility programs like OnyX can remove...some...of them.

Anyone else have any additional suggestions?
pd
Windows system. Alt+Control+Shift tried. Same result. With no document open -> Type -> Font -> no drop down list at all!

I don't use Illustrator much, but I just noticed I only have access to Myriad Pro font. Generally I use InDesign, which has a lot of fonts.
After reinstall, no change.
Any thoughts?

There is a very big difference as to whether you see a wide range of fonts within Illustrator (including all the fonts otherwise installed on your system) versus how many additional fonts are installed by Illustrator (or any other Adobe application). Older versions of Illustrator, i.e. during the days of the “Creative Suite,” came bundled with a wide range of fonts from the Adobe Originals collection. These were high quality fonts created by Adobe's own group of font designers and included families such as Myriad, Minion, Adobe Garamond, etc. In more recent years, those fonts are no longer bundled with the “Creative Cloud” applications, but are available for temporary use via the Adobe Fonts service (formerly Typekit) along with thousands of other fonts, some very high quality and some, well …

If the problem is that you aren't seeing your system fonts (i.e., those installed by the operating system or by you explicitly on your Windows or Mac system), the solution offered by @prepressdork above may help solve the problem. One other possibility is to search for and totally delete any and all files on your system with the name AdobeFnt##.lst where the ## is a two digit number. These are the cache files used by Adobe applications to store the location(s) of all fonts found on your system. If any of these are corrupted, you will either not see fonts in your Adobe application font menus or trying to access them may cause your Adobe applications to crash. Deleting these fonts have the side effect that the next time you run the applications, these files are rebuilt after searching your system font directories.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back