Illustrator

summer

Please, explain me about Let Illustrator determine colors and Let postscript determine printer. Thank you

Let illustrator means that you use the Colour Settings files colour management. Usulally this is the CMYK workingspace and possibly converting from document CMYK to the output devices ICC profile.

Letting postscrip determine colours you include the simplified colour management built into postscript, can't remember the name of the file but it builds on look up tables and was one of many colour management systems that no longer are in use with the standardised implementation of ICC profiles. On a non Adobe printer this means you cannot access blackpoint compensation.

Let illustrator means that you use the Colour Settings files colour management. Usulally this is the CMYK workingspace and possibly converting from document CMYK to the output devices ICC profile.

Letting postscrip determine colours you include the simplified colour management built into postscript, can't remember the name of the file but it builds on look up tables and was one of many colour management systems that no longer are in use with the standardised implementation of ICC profiles. On a non Adobe printer this means you cannot access blackpoint compensation.

If I want to make PDF file, I should choose let illustrator determine or let postscript determine? Thank you

I would let illustrator decide. I'd use the CMYK space for my region for the appropriate paper type. Also be sure that you have rasterisation set to high quality if it is a PDF for print.

If I want to make PDF file, I should choose let illustrator determine or let postscript determine? Thank you

Neither! Per our recommendations at Adobe, you should "save as PDF" and absolutely not go through the distillation of PostScript route.

- Dov

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back