Ilumina printing off-center.

MFMDigital

I'm doing a 4-up job on the Ilumina and have it perfectly spaced on the screen so that there should be a 1/4" margin on all edges of the page. While I was originally using the software imposition to put four of my 8" x 5" postcards on the tabloid page, when the problem started, I created the page (CorelDraw X4) on tabloid paper and manually placed the postcards where they needed to be.

For whatever reason, the right side of the printed page is coming out with a 3/8" margin and the left side has a 5/8" margin.

On screen, I have it laid out properly, so what could be happening?

Thanks,
Mark.

The Illumina is just printing out of center like most printers do. Unless you have done the same thing and received perfectly centered results, I would say that is just what you are going to get. EXCEPT, that the Illumina can be adjusted. Using a web browser you can enter the printers IP address and access several features that are more difficult to use by printer menu. I believe there should be an X and Y adjustment in there. I run out of the multi-purpose tray and have to watch side to side manually but have not had to chase down front to back yet.

Hi. If the Ilumina is the problem then accessing the printer features through the IP address will fix it. I suggest printing to a pdf driver and seeing if the result also is off center. That will determine if it is the program you are using or the printer itself. You may also want to print from the pdf and see how that is. Been working with the Ilumina for years and there is also a little play in the manual feeder that may cause a bit of this. Good luck.

Thanks for both of your responses. I had tried printing to a PDF and it worked properly. Printing from a PDF did not help, though. The printer adjustments corrected the problem, but I would swear that I have not had this problem before. I'm probably wrong, though. I can't follow why it would not print as it appears on the screen if I am staying within the printer's margins, though. Why should I have to adjust it to match the screen?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back