image additioner pens

TMPDave

Hello,
Has anyone used these pens (offset)? Would they fill a small area (about 3 in x 5 in in size) with a solid fill on the black plate? What results have you had with them...good, bad, etc? Or is it best to adjust the artwork and reoutput a new black plate?

Hi Dave
From my past experience with PS plates, addition pen is only suitable for very small areas retouching and the result is much better if non image area is previously treated with undercoating solution. Nowadays, with CTP plates, is probably worth to remake the plate with the right artwork.
BR
Alberto

Thanks for your reply. I should have said my client is looking to not spend cost to fill an area with black. Any idea for a tool that would work better than an additioner pen? Why is it best to remake CTP plates as opposed to PS plates?

I don´t know any other tool.
In the past, while using PS plates addition pens where available in almost any printhouse, now, if you need to buy it, plus UC solution plus work, probably will be more expensive than remaking.
A.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back