Import a color into Illustrator

Bretman

Hey gang,
I always get distracted on this site. There are some great discussions here.

I have a delema that I hope someone can help me with.
I have a Konica bizhub with EFI rip, Command Workstation and Colorwize protools.
I am also using an ES-1000 spectro for calibration. I can also use the spectro to scan a previously printed (possibly offset) color into my profiles, give it a unique name etc.

I would like to import this color into a palate or something in illustrator so that we can apply it to the artwork. I know it can be done.

Is there a reason you just can't add it to the color palette in Illustrator? If you know the CMYK break up of it, that would make the most sense.

I would think you could just pick a spot color that is close to what you want, give it your unique name (doesn't have to be an exact color match, you just need the name to match what's on your RIP). When when the file is sent to your RIP, it will pick up the LUT for that color that you have already installed and proof it correctly.

Hey thanks,

We tried to simply create a color in illustrator and name it the same. When producing a PDF for the RIP, the color is all CMYK. I actually need a "pantone" called out for this.
The PDF is ALL CMYK. ( no named color).

Any other suggestions?

Bret

Hey thanks,

We tried to simply create a color in illustrator and name it the same. When producing a PDF for the RIP, the color is all CMYK. I actually need a "pantone" called out for this.
The PDF is ALL CMYK. ( no named color).

Any other suggestions?

Bret

Have you tried making the additional color a spot color in Illustrator. To do so double click on the swatch, under color type select Spot Color. This will make another separation just like adding a Pantone spot color.

Tschuse.

steve.weiss

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 175
Yes Steve,
This worked. I now have a recognized "spot" color in illustrator that I can manipulate in Command worstation.

Thank you, thank you.

Bret

Wow, Who proofs this stuff. :p I mean't Command Workstation.

Everyone, HAPPY THANKSGIVING !!!

From the Bretman

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back