imposition problems - business cards - cx700

cmyk burnley

hi guys

Many thanks for the help last week

Finally got everything up and running apart from

I impose a business card 21 up. lays everything out on the sheet perfect.

Except the it misses half the print off. Please see attached image to show what i mean

It doesnt do it with any other hot folders, just the business cards. Tried many different files also IMAG0565.jpg

Are you sure your cards are centered ? By centered I mean in the PDF, like 3.5 x 2 no bleed and 3.75x2.25 with bleed, you don't need marks.
A small amount off center can make a big difference in this RIP.

Cool. On you rip again if you -
right click a job - Revert to original file Type,
then re-right click that same job and now select Job Preview & Editor, it will open in acrobat you should have Pitstop installed their on the RIP's acrobat.
Try that and let me know.

Ok, so the simplest way I see for you to check and repair Cards that are wrong would be to import them in InDesign and re-make the PDF from that and make sure their centered.
Do you have any graphics knowledge ? I don't want to be rude I just what to know were to start.

When placing a PDF in indesign if you select the "Show import options" check box,
You will be able to Import via the bleed box and re-make a PDF with the proper centered content in you PDF.
There's probably a way to do this in Acrobat without Pitstop, but I am not aware of it.

Ran your PDF in my hot folder, except from the European Card size (I'm in Canada) all was good.
I included in this post is the setting for my Imposition, maybe you will find a difference with your settings.
The last page shows your card imposed minus the bleeds of course.
And their was no bleed on your card, do you know how to ad that in illustrator ?

Attachments

• Cards.pdf
    290.3 KB · Views: 181
yeah it originally had bleed on, i was testing something so took it off.

The only difference i can see on the imposition is the margin setting.

I have it set to 0, would that effect it?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back