imposition problems - business cards - cx700

Yeah i have a full service contract on the machine but.......

It came supplied with a creo, an external fiery is coming for it in a month or so.

Im told xerox in the UK no longer support the creo's so im stuck with it until the fiery arrives

I would try to get support from them, Its not like its a new RIP, the technicians knows a thing or two about it.
I'm at the limit of what I can do for you.
Sorry

ive tried every which way possible now. different versions of the printer. hold queue etc

Different stocks, and the same result everytime. Tried all the measurements you had and still the same.

So im stumped

Long shot but, have you made sure the orientation is setup for landscape? It's in two places; under the Layout tab and in the Imposition tab (and make sure rotate 90 degrees is unchecked as well).

If it's happening with just this file, and not other business card files, then something is wrong with the page boxes. I did notice the art box in the file you posted was smaller than the other page boxes.

Well would you believe it!!

In paper orientation i changed to landscape and boom! 21 up perfect impositioned business cards!

Weird as the sheet is portrait so would never in a million years thought to try that.

Now my next puzzle.... Ive created a paper type for 300gsm stock. Ive done the tray alignment etc. The test page prints smack bang centre of the sheet. So why when i print on a job using that alignment and paper type does it not print dead centre. I dont want to be faffing around with image shift within the rip everytime i do a job and waste a few sheets measuring, altering and retesting. Any advice chaps?

For future reference, just keep the orientation layout options in the Creo the same as the orientation of the file that's printing.

As far as centering, I'm not familiar with your Xerox but will say these machines aren't perfect and the centering drifts over time due to wear and tear, so the tray alignment needs to be re-centered every few months. Your mileage may vary. In other words, get used to it haha.

its a used machine, ive done the alignments but suppose ill just have to setup each folder. Going to take a while for sure.

Engineer here again, hes told me to be wary of the bypass tray as within the spec it has 3mm tolerance

We use a 12 x 18 landscape template to align our trays and it can be dead nuts center. The funny thing is, when we go to print something that's portrait, it could be out of center 1 or 2 mm. It's just something we've leaned to live with. Also, don't forget that the type of stock your printing on is a factor as well. We usually align our trays using #80 cover weight stock.... kind of the middle ground of paper weights for us.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back