Imposition Proofing (offset)

Sev

We are looking at new options for imposition proofing. Currently we are using an older Epson 7600 connected directly to our Nexus workflow. The sales people are not happy with the quality of the proofs, and want to use (share) our high end contract proofing system (Epson 7890 with the Kodak Matchprint proofing system). I dont like the idea of using the same proofing system for both low-end imposition proofs and contract color proofs. We would have to keep changing the paper setup for each proof, and switch from roll-fed paper to sheet paper for our contract proofs, which would get expensive. I would like to find out what other shops are doing for imposition proofing, and what other proofing systems are out there, and if there are good two sided proofing options.
Thanks in advance for any help and ideas on this.

-Sev

What stops you from using both systems? I'm sure you can hook up more than one proof printer to your system?

What stops you from using both systems? I'm sure you can hook up more than one proof printer to your system?

We are using both systems. But the quality of the Epson 7600 is getting worse, so we are looking at other options for imposition proofing.

We run two Epson 9880 proofers with KPS as well. One for high res and one for low res. Occasionally we run low res on both if we have a lot of book work to proof.
The 9880 we use for low res was bought on Craigslist pretty inexpensively. It's been a solid machine for over five years. Recently though, the backup's are getting worse no matter what adjustments make with the software.

We use Kodak Matchprint to run two epsons. An Epson 9800 for hi res and an Epson 10600 with media guide for backed up low res imposition proofs.

We're using the ImpoProof system. Works very well, color is good, speed is incredible. Backs up nearly spot on every time. It has already eaten one prepress job here. We used to do our imposition proofing on an Epson too, and it took longer to print and back up one sig than the Impo takes to print 5 or 6. Driving it from our Nexus 9.5.

I am using a SpinJet. Works well. Does have front/back alignment issues from time to time. Quality is good and speed very good. I can get a 2-sided 28x40 in under 10 minutes.

pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back