Impression Problems on Hamada 665

applep

I have impression sticking in the on position on my Hamada 665. Can anyone steer me in the right place to fix this problem. Also I need a service manuel for the same press.

Applep,

I have several national contacts as well as over in Japan. Where are you located, I can probably get you the manual and some suggestions on the impression sticking Thursday morning.

possible causes

possible causes

Hello applep,
Your impression sticking can be caused by several issues.
Was a bad jam the cause? A big jam can cause the mechanism to become bent and stick.
Is the spring on the operator side stretched?
Is the trip sticking due to excessive paper lint? Clean well with WD-40 then re-oil as WD is NOT a lubricant.
I recomend taking off the side guide on the operator side and take a flashlight (torch for our UK friends) focus the light under the steel feed roller.
Locate the finger that triggers the impression activation when a sheet is present.
Locate the setting arm on the outside of the operator side frame.
You may have to roll the cyld.'s to the position where the trip lock is at it's highest point.
Wiggle the mechanism is it free or binding?
If it is binding clean the assembly.
If it is freely moving you may have to adjust the setting screw. It is a very fine adjustment, or check the tension on the spring.
I hope this is some help.

I am having a similar problem except that I can not get the machine to stay on impression when paper is feeding. I have done all the things you suggested. I am continuously needed to adjust the setting screw whenever I change weights of paper. I was told by one technician that this should not need to be adjusted once it is set. My tech has retired and the new guy has difficulty dealing with me over the phone. I'm 200 miles from the nearest tech. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!
Angela

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back