Imprinting preprinted sheet on v700

donp

A customer asked if we could add a couple words to an already completed print job. Space was not a problem so I offered to run the printed sheets through as a 2nd pass.

Job ran fine at first (we had crop marks to hit) but then register moved 1/8”, ran some more, moved partially back, ran more, etc. Register didn’t appear to bounce randomly.

Here’s my question: does the Canon v700 make on the fly register adjustments and if so, is it affected by prior printing? Virgin sheet register is rock solid. Coverage is light.

I had a similar issue on a Konica. It's usually one particular element that it sees. I could often get around it by running the job 180 so it's looking at a different area on the sheet.

That thought crossed my mind but never tried it. Thanks for the info. Any way to know what it’s looking at? I asked our service guy but he didn’t know.

I'm sure it's near the lead end. Don't remember which side it uses for registration, though I think it was the non-op side. It was usually a solid with straight edge. Even a 3/4" square could do it if in the right spot. Do you have a media option for preprinted? That can alter the sensitivity, or change the sensor timing on some machines.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back