InDesign CS3 Multipage document

indigo

Hello All,

I have a 20 page InDesign CS3 document. Is there any script or fast way of splitting multipage into single pages documents with different names.

many thanks for any feedback !

I know you can move a page or a range of pages from a multi page document into either a new document or add them onto a different document with pages already into it. Then you would just have to save them as the file name you want.

Is this what your thinking???

Why would you want to split the indesign document anyway

Why would you want to split the indesign document anyway

If you export to PDF, the PDF files can easily be split into pages…*would that help?

I was thinking of the PDF thing to... But wasnt sure if he would of needed to go back in and edit them once they were extracted as seperate files. Guess we'll wait and see

Can you explain the need to have individual documents?

Thanks for your feedback, client wants InDesign documents as individual, not the separate pdf, but anyway i will take the idea of moving pages from one doc to another doc.

great help..

Do you need help moving indesign pages to different docs?? Its done out of the pages palette options

Do you mean the "move pages…" ?

Do you mean the "move pages…" ?

Do you need help moving indesign pages to different docs?? Its done out of the pages palette options

Well yes, about as effiicent as copy paste.

First you need to have a new document to move them to, but you can move with the option to delete.
I thought the idea was to do it somewhat automatically. Which would requre a java script.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back