Indesign CS4 and Quark 8 pdf

Hello
I'm having a big problem recently since I installed Indesign CS4 on Mac, the problem is when I have a pdf created in Quark 8 and placed back into InDesign CS4 to produce another pdf coming from InDesign CS4, all the fonts comes up corrupted, however I never had this problem before, as the matter a fact if I do the same thing and place that pdf into InDesign CS3, it comes perfect, give it a try, is anybody experiencing the same problem
Thanks for the help

Set your "Quark Export to PDF" to create a PostScript file - then Distill.
That way - Adobe creates the PDF instead of "JAWS"
and
InDesign likes that.

Works every time.

MSD

---------

I'm having a big problem recently since I installed Indesign CS4 on Mac, the problem is when I have a pdf created in Quark 8 and placed back into InDesign CS4 to produce another pdf coming from InDesign CS4, all the fonts comes up corrupted

If you have Acrobat 8 Pro installed, you have Adobe pdf 8 (update to 8.1.2 if possible). Set that as the default printer in the Printer Setup Utility, and it will be used instead of Jaws to make the pdf, without having to do the two step process. At least this works in Mac Tiger.

Or you can also use a virtual printer set up with the ssicolor.ppd if you have that. The idea is to use a device independent ppd as the default printer. Note that the Quark export process does not provide an means to select a ppd, (not even Jaws) which is why setting the default printer works.

Al

In CS4 and Quark, irrespective of method are you exporting to PDFx1a? Is it the CID font problem we had in ID2 resurfacing?

Just one more reason why my long-ago-posted method of making Adobe make the PDF a good method. Since first beta-testing Quark 7, I knew I would NEVER use a print dialog box again in Quark. A few clicks gets me a better PDF. Once again proven to be more reliable and easier to make.

Don

Set your "Quark Export to PDF" to create a PostScript file - then Distill.
That way - Adobe creates the PDF instead of "JAWS"
and
InDesign likes that.

Works every time.

MSD

---------

I'm having a big problem recently since I installed Indesign CS4 on Mac, the problem is when I have a pdf created in Quark 8 and placed back into InDesign CS4 to produce another pdf coming from InDesign CS4, all the fonts comes up corrupted

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back