inDesign CS4 imposition plugin

inDesign is working great for my variable data needs except for one. Printing post cards that are presorted for mailing they need to be printed in a cut & stack order. inDesign doesn't seem to have that feature. I've looked a a trial version of one plug in and it was so slow I just can't use it. We are just lacking the imposition feature for cut & stack and are good to go. FYI, I do have and use to great success PrintShop Mail, but wanted to incorporate the features inDesign offers.
Thanks,
John

What kind of printer/RIP you have?

You could do it downstream (at the RIP), or upstream (at the app)

Hi John,
You may want to try out Quite Imposing Plus (mac or windows) we have a cut stacks feature.
Here is a temporary number so you can test drive it before you purchase.
Quite Imposing Plus V1/V2
Expires end 9/2009 Serial 7284-7210-9914-0517 Code 6471
Just go to our site Quite at Home and download the Demo.

If you have any questions send them to [email protected] we'll be happy to help.

cheers,
Charles

Charles James
Technical/Marketing Director
Quite Software
1527 Law Street
San Diego, CA 92109
USA
wk 858.581.9143
Quite at Home

Will using Acrobat work for you?

Will using Acrobat work for you?

John,
If you're good with doing the cut and stack in Acrobat 8.0/9.0, you can get a copy of our inpO2 Wizard at no charge right now. it's fully functional and supports cut & stack in the Wizard. It's free and may do the trick for you if you're good with using Acrobat.

Here's the link: inpO2 Wizard Download - Dynagram

Let me know if you try it and like it!
Thanks!
Michael

I use Quite Imposing EVERYDAY and it is an excellent plug-in in my opinion.

Can't rate it highly enough.

Print volume

Print volume

You mentioned the "speed factor" and depending on your volume, the right imposition solution / workflow is of high importance.

We offer the best automated solutions, recommended by leaders such as HP Indigo, InfoPrint and Xerox.

Contact me offline. We'll assess your exact needs and we'll give you a free time limited license to test drive.

Ray Duval
Ultimate Technographics
(our web site says it all)

inDesign CS4 imposition plugin

If you were using Printable's Fusion Pro for the variable data, they now have a impostion program that runs with it. I believe the desktop version is around $599.00

Your RIP's driver should have Cut and Stack in it. Even if you do not have a RIP with Cut and Stack options, you could print to PS using a driver that did indeed have a cut & stack option. Creo and Fiery drivers have that for sure. Or, if $$ is ok, QIPlus is the way to go as many people have already stated - I personally have many drivers for many rips installed that all do different things, I print to PS (or print to file on PC), distill the resulting .ps or .prn file and VOILA! my job is imposed as I needed it to be without even outputting it yet.

Also, if you're looking for a VDP plug-in for InDesignCS4, may I suggest XMpie (Xmpie.com). It is THE BEST hands down for all your VI needs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back