Indesign/Padding Job

Robbie101

Gotta question guys and gals. We often run alot of pad jobs that have to pad in 50's. We run them on a KM 1200pro using the postscript driver. How can we insert a slip sheet every 50 sheets without having to create a 50 page document. Normally there 4 up on 8 1/2 x 11 then imposition 2 repeat turned on and ran 11x17.

Any ideas how we can do this and not have to either countem or spoonem?

I had run in this question some time ago. Being a copier service tech I think I've a machine that had setting in the driver to offset each XXX number of prints but can't remember which one :( Other than that look in your job configuration settings - may be you can cheat by commanding the machine to insert a tab or I just found that my Ricoh MP9000 can insert separation sheet every XX number of pages which is exactly what you need right?
I'd put some colored pages in additional tray and recycle the from job to job... See if you have similar settings in your machine. I found this under "finishing" section...

I believe you could script this in Indesign?
Have a page 2. Then script to print 50 copies of page 1 and then 1 copy of page 2.
Google Indesign Scripting (Or somebody on here) and you might find someone that would script that for $100-150??

This is simple and easy to do through the konica driver/rip (we run a Fiery so the creo controller will be slightly different)
Under Media. Go to Mixed Media. Check black pages and then hit the new insert button and set up where/how you want the slip sheets to come through

Thanks y'all. I did figure out we can offset in 50's 100's or what not so that helps. I will try the other suggestions come Monday. Thanks again for the response 's.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back