Industry Icon Dick Vinocur Passes

prwhite

Administrator
Staff member
Dick Vinocur—Industry icon, journalist and pundit—died January 17, 2020, at the age of 85. His son, Michael made this announcement on Facebook.

"Passing of my father...With sorrow, our family would like to announce that M. Richard Vinocur, Merv to some, Dick to others, passed away on Friday evening. He went peacefully after a several month battle with deteriorating health.

Dick was publisher of Graphic Arts Monthly, ran the annual Vu/Point conference and edited the Footprints newsletter. I knew him as a crusty, outspoken personality who always had an opinion and felt obliged to let you know what it was. Dick would usually ask the first question at press conferences, getting them started with a bang—he was one-of-a-kind, and will be missed.

Our condolences to Dick's family.

It's strange. I was thinking of Dick late last week, no idea why he came into my head, and now I hear of his passing.
Dick was a total original. And one of the best, because he always said what he thought and was often right.
RIP, Dick.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back