initial impression count

RickLee

I am looking for what the impression count was on your press when first installed. and whether or not there were startup problems with the press.

I would like to see if there is a correlation between higher initial impressions (had problems in factory) and problematic startup in the customer plant.

Thanks for your input in advance.

Of course the manufacturer is important. Some presses are assembled and run at the factory prior to installation at the end customer. Some are not prerun.

My old company had a 64" KBA that we bought brand new. Although KBA came in and installed everything, and ran a training course on how to operate the machine, there were still issues. The main issue being having the pressman spend the time to figure out issues with the press while he was on his own once the training had commenced. One of the most troublesome issues was the computer system that operated the press. Our KBA used a computer system that ran OS/2. There were many times where this system would become corrupt, which would mean that the whole press would cease to operate.

As for run speeds, the press had a max speed of 13m impressions/hour. However, as time went on we ended up running around 10.5m.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back