ink duct waterbased coatings

emprint

If anyone can share experience / opinions on ink duct waterbased coatings (as opposed to varnish or a coating unit) - I would appreciate hearing it.

I am considering a press that does not have a coating unit - yet my work calls for coating almost all of the time.

Besides varnish (instead of coating) - I hear there are waterbased ink duct coatings that can be used.

thank you in advance for any information you provide.

I have run tower, inline and water based coatings in a printing unit. Running coating in a printing unit is a real pain. The water rollers have to be removed because they are not used for the application and you dont want to get coating on the rollers. The press can't be down for very long at all with it in the rollers because it will dry up in the rollers however your coating company should provided you with a spray that needs to be applied to rollers to keep it wet. This will only work for short amount of down time time.
I think since you are going to buy a press and most of your jobs run with coatings you should strongly consider a press with an inline coater it will pay for it self since you will be coating most jobs.
You will keep a printing unit open
you will have less headaches for your pressman
Printing rollers will last much longer. Rollers for an entire printing unit can get pretty expensive. you should consider that if you plan to also print in that unit as well as taking water rollers in and out.

hope this helps
david

We done a couple of jobs with ink ductor water based coatings. The spray retarder helps some on short stops but clean up when the job is done is time consuming.

Recomend you find press with coater unit.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back