Ink tacks for 38# SC-A Paper

bmoflaz

We print a bi-weekly publication on a heat-set web on Verso 38# SC-A stock. The ink-set we use now on this stock is a 9.5 uni-tack series from Alden & Ott. It seems to work OK, but we have problems picking now and then, specifically in the Black. We have another series of Black ink with a tack of 5 that they threw in to help the problem and it seemed to work OK, so now that has become the "standard".

My question is, should we be using a Black ink with a tack of 5 or 6 with a 9.5 uni-tack series C,M, and Y?

Is there a recommended tack range that works well with SC-A Paper?

5-6 tack range is what I would recommend. However, this will most likely result is misting and poor dot structure. You could however continue to use the higher tack inks by adding of 2-3% of petrolatum i.e.(Vaseline). This will provide better release from the blanket without sacrificing the dot structure.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back