Inkjet study: Cut sheet fed. High quality B/W Color. 60 to 90 ppm. Costs up to $30k?

WaffleStomper

I am doing an inkjet study for the public sector. I have found 2 high speed inkjets, not to be confused with industrial inkjets, and I was hoping to find more.

Cut sheet fed.
High quality B/W Color. (with ocr low percentage kick outs)
60 to 90 ppm.
Envelope feed or Card feeder.
Ink that doesnt melt under high heat (like toners).
Water soluble ink is ok, though trying to get away from it.
Windows drivers are ok.
Offset is out of the question.
Costs up to $30k

The Rena Memjet does 60+ pages a minute, and the Riso ComColor does 60-90 pages a minute. The color on both is very good. The duty cycle is very high. I am tasked with finding more printers like this.

I have looked at the integrators for this project as well. Some of the quality is excellent but the start costs for the integrator machines are 70K, and color 120-140K.

Does any one have any more suggestions for cut sheet inkjet printers? Belt fed printers are a possibility.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back