Inkjet vs toner for stickers?

We did get a bit of a discount simply by asking. We took delivery of the machine a few weeks ago but it's still sitting in its crate as I want to set it up on video haha....must get round to it soon.
Outside the UK the machine seems to be a little more expensive. A video would be much appreciated! Waiting for that.

First quote was about 4800€, and then they did about 10% discount.
Not too far off the U.K. price. First quote was £3499+vat. We asked for a discount and got offered £3199+vat. I counter offered £3000+vat and they throw in two packs of the SRA3 sticker paper and free delivery and the accepted.
We did also end up buying the stand on top but don’t know if we will actually use it or not.

Have you got the LC600 up and running yet? If so whats your thoughts? I'm in a very similar position as you were, I cannot decide between a label printer or going with the LC600. Intec are currently doing the cutter for £2,999.00 (October promotion) plus they said they could include the stand. But I'm still on the fence about which way to go. Like you we run a KM (1060) and from the limited information i've been able to obtain with regards to ink costs and labels for a label printer it appears much more profitable to run the labels on sheets on our KM. Downside being we run so many different products and stocks on the KM ideally would have liked a separate printer to free up time.

Anyway would be great to hear how you are getting on with the LC600 - think i'm going to pull the trigger on it in the next few days.

Have you got the LC600 up and running yet? If so whats your thoughts? I'm in a very similar position as you were, I cannot decide between a label printer or going with the LC600. Intec are currently doing the cutter for £2,999.00 (October promotion) plus they said they could include the stand. But I'm still on the fence about which way to go. Like you we run a KM (1060) and from the limited information i've been able to obtain with regards to ink costs and labels for a label printer it appears much more profitable to run the labels on sheets on our KM. Downside being we run so many different products and stocks on the KM ideally would have liked a separate printer to free up time.

Anyway would be great to hear how you are getting on with the LC600 - think i'm going to pull the trigger on it in the next few days.
Can you please indicate which distributor? It seems outside UK the price is much higher.

Can you please indicate which distributor? It seems outside UK the price is much higher.
This was from Intec direct - i am based in the UK. The price wasn't discounted specifically for me - i just enquired about the price and they sent the list price along wit the October promotional price. I then asked if they would include the stand. I can only assume the price is higher outside the UK due to shipping etc.. there was an £82.00 delivery fee as well.

Sorry Lee, I have only just seen this so you may have bit the bullet already.

Unfortunately, our LC600 is still sitting in its crate. I actually agonised between buying the LC600 and the Afinia L801. In the end we bought both (well we went for the VIPColor VP700 instead of the Afinia but the exact same machine) and both are still waiting to be set up haha. I am hoping to get to it in the next few days but we've been so busy it's been difficult to find time.

With regards to printing label sheets on the KM, I agree that the cost is much better on the KM and as ours is under a service contract, we don't have to worry about it going wrong (it seems to be going wrong a lot lately but that's another story).

We've found our local paper supplier stocks SRA2 sheets of self adhesive paper at really good prices so at the moment I'm cutting that to SRA4 to get decent quantities of stickers out of my graphtec celite 50 but do really need to get the LC600 up and running.

I did bite the bullet last thursday and took delivery on Monday. Like yours it's still sat in the crate, and will be until the weekend. Downside of the LC600 was needing to purchase a PC for the colourcut Pro as we're completely mac based - this won't arrive till Friday.

Our KM is also on a service contract, not direct with KM but with a cracking company based Birmingham ran by a couple of guys who used to work for KM, really are top guys.
Can't fault our 1060, had it around 3 years and run a lot 300gsm and NCR paper without much fuss. You may already have come across this guy / channel but really handy for KM tips

We use premier paper for most our stocks, well coated stocks anyway - and recently started working with a new supplier who offer brilliant prices on SRA2, SRA3 and A4 high gloss (cast coated) and machine coated gloss adhesive paper.

I'll let you know how i get on with LC600 when i have play around over the weekend.

I'm also looking at aquiring the LC600. I'm unfortunately in US where I was quoted $6,000USD plus shipping. Not sure why the cost at soo much higher. Would love to find out if they could get close to your prices in UK? I will inquire about a discount.

Not sure how it compares, but I see another sheetfed label finisher here.
Price shows $4,400 via a different website.

Not sure how it compares, but I see another sheetfed label finisher here.
Price shows $4,400 via a different website.
That model is based on the Graphtec ce6000 which is an old machine now. Still very capable but the reason we went for the LC600 instead was the barcode function so we could load multiple sheets of different jobs and the barcode would tell the machine how to cut it.

That model is based on the Graphtec ce6000 which is an old machine now. Still very capable but the reason we went for the LC600 instead was the barcode function so we could load multiple sheets of different jobs and the barcode would tell the machine how to cut it.
Would love feedback once you have it up and going!

So, finally managed to get our LC600 up and running this week, and what can I say? I needed to contact support when setting it up as I couldn't get it to actually read the reg marks but they were very swift to answer (within an hour or so) and sent plenty of help.

I now have the cutter working as it should. It's worth checking your calibration for each run so you can adjust it if it's out slightly but overall extremely happy with it (even just the fact I can load it up and walk away...oh my goodness, what a time saver).

I managed to cut 200 sheets of A4 stickers in about 2 hours the other day which would have taken me a few days (at least) on our graphtec CELite 50.

Been running mine since Monday - unfortunately as it stands mine is due to be swapped / out exchanged. Getting it setup, seemed simple enough until you actually attempt to scan a QR code or manually enter the cutter number. Maybe it's just me but I found there was not much information on how to actually setup the settings in the software. Once you have spoken with support it all becomes clear and simple to use.

The cutter is fantastic, and cannot praise their support highly enough. I've been in contact with them every day try to fix my issue - the issue being once my machine has been switched off then started backup it can no longer read the QR code it errors job file not found. It's baffled support a little to the point where the only option is to exchange the machine. I'm not convinced the machine is at fault i believe it might be something to do with the IP address that is automatically assigned.

But anyway, it's a cracking machine and cracking company would recommend both.

Been running mine since Monday - unfortunately as it stands mine is due to be swapped / out exchanged. Getting it setup, seemed simple enough until you actually attempt to scan a QR code or manually enter the cutter number. Maybe it's just me but I found there was not much information on how to actually setup the settings in the software. Once you have spoken with support it all becomes clear and simple to use.

The cutter is fantastic, and cannot praise their support highly enough. I've been in contact with them every day try to fix my issue - the issue being once my machine has been switched off then started backup it can no longer read the QR code it errors job file not found. It's baffled support a little to the point where the only option is to exchange the machine. I'm not convinced the machine is at fault i believe it might be something to do with the IP address that is automatically assigned.

But anyway, it's a cracking machine and cracking company would recommend both.
hmm I've not actually tried to read the qr codes yet. Maybe I should give it a try.

Yes, I have to say, the user guide, is extremely lacking and you do need to utilise support but the support is very good and thorough.

So, finally managed to get our LC600 up and running this week, and what can I say? I needed to contact support when setting it up as I couldn't get it to actually read the reg marks but they were very swift to answer (within an hour or so) and sent plenty of help.
Ours arrived last week, and we had the same problem with reg marks. Now it works but there are some problems that we are trying figure out.

When we leave only 12,5mm distance from margin to reg marks it won't cut right. We need to leave a bigger margin in order to hold the front and back grips at the same time, otherwise the adhesive sheet will slip a little. Did you have the same problem?

Downside of the LC600 was needing to purchase a PC for the colourcut Pro as we're completely mac based - this won't arrive till Friday.
How do you sync Mac folders to PC? We do that with dropbox but it took 2 hours to set up.
I'm not convinced the machine is at fault i believe it might be something to do with the IP address that is automatically assigned.
Related to QRCodes not tested yet. this week I will give feedback.

Ours arrived last week, and we had the same problem with reg marks. Now it works but there are some problems that we are trying figure out.

When we leave only 12,5mm distance from margin to reg marks it won't cut right. We need to leave a bigger margin in order to hold the front and back grips at the same time, otherwise the adhesive sheet will slip a little. Did you have the same problem?

How do you sync Mac folders to PC? We do that with dropbox but it took 2 hours to set up.

Related to QRCodes not tested yet. this week I will give feedback.
Our registration marks are all 12.5mm and we've not had any issues. The guidance says that the 12.5mm is from the edge of the sheet to the middle of the circle so that what we have gone by.

Easiest way to sync your mac folders to a pc is either something like Dropbox, or a NAS/Server system. We are all Windows based so have a Windows server set up.

We're currently running SRA4 sheets through the cutter, our margins are setup as 8mm and had no problems at all - you just need to ensure the margins are set the same in Illustrator (or Coral Draw if thats what you use) and in CCP - i can provide a screenshot of our setting in CCP if that would help. Not sure why there would be any issues with gripping the sheet? What size sheets are you running? I assume you are feeding via the long edge and have the guides setup correctly on the infeed. There was a additional roller i believe with machine for smaller sized sheets not looked at this so unsure if that would help in any way.
We link our mac and PC over our local network. All we needed to do was ensure the PC was setup to be visible on our network, then share the ColorCut Data folder.
On the mac we just went finder - go - connect to server. Click browse you should then hopefully see the PC. If not you can try entering the PC's ip address in the search bar ie smb://192.... etc. That might not pick up the PC straightaway but if you give it a minute or too you then should the see the PC, and then the ColorCut Data folder. That was it really apart from the instructions provided in the CCP user guide.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back