InSite Page Flipper (Preview) and Creep

I was just informed by Kodak that creep, as defined in Preps, is not supported by InSite preview. We were really counting on preview to serve in lieu of a hard proof blueline for a 40 page saddle-stitched project. Now I'm not sure what to do, this job in particular has critical margins and the customer is sold on the idea of soft proof only.

I know many of you use InSite on multiple page, saddle-stitched projects without going to hard proof. How are such issues addressed?

Thanks!

Bindery and Softproofs

Bindery and Softproofs

Kodak filled a void for the press room with PressProof. Now they need to create a product that would work for the bindery. Something cheap, effective and ties directly into Prinergy somehow. The page flip feature might be a possibility, but wasn't really designed for that specific purpose. We count on our bindery to check for proper pagination and content check just as much as any other step in the process. It's really the last stop before heading out the doors and into the hands of the customer. Printers are wanting to completely ditch internal hard proofs. Until we have a dedicated bindery virtual proofing product, we have to either be creative with our approach or continue to eat the cost of internal proofs for manufacturing guidance.
Regards,
Brent

Excellent input. Definitely a void that needs filling - bindery virtual proofing has to be an option, especially considering the current economic state where everyone is looking for ways to reduce costs.

Sounds like we're not there yet, though - Kodak please help us!

Page offsets also don't show up in InSite

Page offsets also don't show up in InSite

Just recently I had to shift some pages to make room for drilling, and the InSite preview didn't show the offsets. I Had to output a lo res proof and email it to them because the client needed to see that there was enough space to allow for the drilling. Does anyone know a work around?

This isn't InSite, but if you have a PDF of the imposed booklet with the creep built in then we can show that in DMP Flo Media Publisher. It will make a Flash based flip book where you can have annotation, color separations, preflight reports, etc. I'll process a sample for you if you like to show the creep.

Just recently I had to shift some pages to make room for drilling, and the InSite preview didn't show the offsets. I Had to output a lo res proof and email it to them because the client needed to see that there was enough space to allow for the drilling. Does anyone know a work around?

It seems Preview is spotty at best with Geometry settings. It doesn't show scale changes or rotations but it should show movement. Try doing a ByPass Refine on them after you do change your geometry settings. Empty your browser cache, close your browser completely, restart the browser and try viewing them again. If that doesn't work you can also try deleting the contents of your %JOB%/System/InSiteCache/Pages folder, empty your browser cache, close your browser completely, restart the browser and try viewing them again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back