Introduction and ?

bouttime

Hello everyone new member here.

Long story but could use some advice.

Replaced a Xerox 250 with a 550 a year ago on advice of our rep - faster, lower click charges, better colour. Well after paper profiling, proper calibration, and every tech they have working on it couldn't print 200 sheets that the colour was consistent. I'm talking see the difference in blues and greens from 10' away. So they replace the machine and rip with another. Same story. Colour tech comes in and while on the phone with the engineers enters some secret codes and says try that. SAME ISSUES!

Now we tell Xerox we want out of the lease but the $ they want are nuts so with an open mind ask them what is their solution? They are suggesting a 700i. Keeping in mind that we are basically a 1 person graphic design firm (I help out with production etc) is the 700i going to give us consistent results sheet to sheet. We do not print large quantities normally it s all about service and quality with our business.

Thanks,
Jeff

Loaded question. First what is the environment the box is in? Is it controlled temp. and humidity? How often do you calibrate? What are your expectations from it? Pleasing color or color critical?

Ask for a Customer Expectations Document.

I don't feel it is a loaded question. Printer is in our finished basement - good climate. Calibration is done daily. I expect sheet 200 to be the same colour as sheet 10 - they are not even close. CED does not say anything about sheet to sheet colour.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back