IR and UV lamp life

Slice

Our UV lamps were getting about 1100 hours but in the past few months now seem to only last 500 hrs. Comments?

Also how long do the IR lamps last, and what are they worth? They are about 14" long (Komori LS 640)

UV Lamps, are they all only lasting 500hrs, End of press and interdeck? If they are all failing at once maybe a power supply issue, Have you changed lamp supplier recently? If you are buying them through Komori (Nordson) maybe they should come in and have a look at the issue.
I have only replaced IR lamps when they got broke, never seen any wear out and they cost a bunch

End of press, supplied by a small specialty UV press converter (Electech). Obviously they drop ship them from somewhere else but they look good, robust wires with better insulation. I have seen some pretty skimpy ones in my time.

just for it's and giggles why not try a couple of lamps from another supplier and see if they last longer. Worst that can happen that they only last 500hrs or if they last longer you have good info to go back to your current supplier Win Win for you.
Cheers

Try bringing lamp temp down. Are the bulbs melting on the ends not coming on are stop curing when they go out in 500hrs?

Hi

Are the electrical connections good. ( not loose or showing signs of heat ) Also are the cooling fans not blocked with dust.
The lamps should not be distorted or ballooned.
If you are uncertain ask a local electrician to inspect the connections for you. Normally lamps are expected to last 500 hours but can last at least twice as long. The application of the lamp also decides when the lamp needs replacing as uv content diminishes with usage.

If you require any more information please contact me, email [email protected]

Regards Denis

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back