Iridesse Problems

We are a community college, Harper college, and we are having the same issues you were having in this post. It is very disheartening, we were wondering with the new install did you see any improvements? We just got the press in June and it seems as though everything you have stated is happening to us as well. We have techs come out to fix the problem but then the problem returns after running 700-800 sheets. We are not sure what to do. Can you tell us what steps you take to get the Iridesse replaced? Or any advice?
Since my last post I have just shy of 1 million impressions on the replacement Iridesse. Its been a much better machine overall. The background noise is not noticeable anymore but I'm still dealing with some banding issues depending on what is running. As far as getting it replaced just keep putting in calls, work your way up the chain and make threads on here.

About the alignment, can you post a picture of the options you set? Because if you leave them at 1 instead of, say, 10, those sheet come out pretty blank, and that'll be quite different than if you set those two to 10 and run a high coverage job thereafter. More toner, more shrinkage.
The alignment problem ended up being something in the software, either on the machines side or on the fiery itself both were refreshed at the same time.

Well, that's a serious understatement. Sure, it looks the same, roughly speaking, from outside. But its way sharper for one thing. More consistent on solids. More matte. More more more. You gotta put it through its paces and then you'll see its value.
When its running right it really does print amazing, the images are something else. But when its got its problems like a lot of us have had its a nightmare.
Today I went to put away my supply order and I was missing the black toner. Called them up and the warehouse was out of stock. No notice or anything. Order was placed 1/16 and delivered 1/22 but I was away until today.

Hi All,
I read all posts , i am xerox engineer and just want to share my expirence on iridesse. i had the same allignemnt issue after 500k prints. client was using mostly havey weight media and after replacment of pre aligner and alligner assy problem is gone. i did not face any alligment issue after that.

Hello Everyone, I'm reaching out to see if anybody is having the same or similar problems to what I am experiencing with my Iridesse. Currently my Iridesse has 800,000 Impressions, Silver and Clear setup along with a Fiery EX-P6 Command workstation 6.3.0.259

1. Auto Alignment from the full width array is not functioning. The print backs up perfect on the final sheet of alignment but the job from the fiery is off lead to trail by over 1/4 inch. Haven't figured out if its a Fiery problem or a Xerox problem. This has a been an issue for about 6 weeks now.

2. Halftones. Printing something like 50% Black I get all kinds of banding, hot and cold areas and overall different colors from one side of the sheet to the other. Type of Stock doesn't matter. I went almost 500k impressions without touching a drum to the techs putting one in every time they are here. And now a new drum doesn't change the quality. This problem has been for about 300k impressions.

3. Background noise. On the non printed part of the sheet there is a ton of what I think is waste toner. Enough to change the color of the sheet and make it look dirty. It is especially bad on the leading edge of the sheet, almost like its hitting something. This has been a Day 1 issue for us.

4. Color Profiler Suite. I had a tech remote in and watch while we made a new color profile for the printer. The results we attained were very strange. The test print colors came out like there was only 10 colors printed instead of smooth gradients and the RGB swatch printed the green boxes in yellow. We are able to replicate the same results calibrating using our Versant 2100 from end. Again not sure if Fiery or Xerox.

If anyone has been experiencing any of these issues or anything similar with their Iridesse I would love to hear about it.
Thanks
Gary
I know this is late but regarding alignment I had to increase the aligner pressure rolls the longer the sheet. My full width array on both printers are no longer working and I cannot get Xerox to even address the issue. This has been an issue for more than a year now.

Hello Everyone, I'm reaching out to see if anybody is having the same or similar problems to what I am experiencing with my Iridesse. Currently my Iridesse has 800,000 Impressions, Silver and Clear setup along with a Fiery EX-P6 Command workstation 6.3.0.259

1. Auto Alignment from the full width array is not functioning. The print backs up perfect on the final sheet of alignment but the job from the fiery is off lead to trail by over 1/4 inch. Haven't figured out if its a Fiery problem or a Xerox problem. This has a been an issue for about 6 weeks now.

2. Halftones. Printing something like 50% Black I get all kinds of banding, hot and cold areas and overall different colors from one side of the sheet to the other. Type of Stock doesn't matter. I went almost 500k impressions without touching a drum to the techs putting one in every time they are here. And now a new drum doesn't change the quality. This problem has been for about 300k impressions.

3. Background noise. On the non printed part of the sheet there is a ton of what I think is waste toner. Enough to change the color of the sheet and make it look dirty. It is especially bad on the leading edge of the sheet, almost like its hitting something. This has been a Day 1 issue for us.

4. Color Profiler Suite. I had a tech remote in and watch while we made a new color profile for the printer. The results we attained were very strange. The test print colors came out like there was only 10 colors printed instead of smooth gradients and the RGB swatch printed the green boxes in yellow. We are able to replicate the same results calibrating using our Versant 2100 from end. Again not sure if Fiery or Xerox.

If anyone has been experiencing any of these issues or anything similar with their Iridesse I would love to hear about it.
Thanks
Gary
Have the techs look at the developer brush height. The 100s had issues with the knockoff blade eventing getting loose and making the developer material less on the dev roll.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back