Is there a software to combine 2 PDFs page by page?

kjp17

I mean it's the reverse process of splitting the pdf into half, like with a knife.

I got Callas pdftoolbox, Imposition Studio by Devalipi, and Pitstop pro. Can any of them do it? Callas PDFtoolbox is limited to 4/8/16 up.

THanks in advanced.

I can only find the function to combine 2 files sequentially in Adobe Acrobat. Not merge them side by side.

If I understand the OP correctly, for example there may be an 8 pg PDF, single pages, ordered from 1-8.

Readers spreads are then required (1+2, 3+4, etc).

Is this correct?

Imposition Studio can easily do this, imposing in readers spreads order and then creating a new PDF.

If this is just for output to print, Acrobat Pro or Acrobat Reader can do this printing via the “multiple” option using the single page PDF.

Sample Imposition Studio layout and linked PDF attached.

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    143.8 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
If I understand the OP correctly, for example there may be an 8 pg PDF, single pages, ordered from 1-8.

Readers spreads are then required (1+2, 3+4, etc).

Is this correct?

Slightly off topic but we have a customer who insists seeing PDF proofs of their booklets in reader spreads, even though their files come through as single pages. Instead of wasting time imposing the files in an unothodox manner we simply change the initial view properties of the PDF from single page to 2 up with cover page. Heh.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back