Is There Any Way To Print 12 x 24 color, double-sided low quantity?

hooman

Hi everyone,

I really need some help. I'm trying to print a double-sided, color 12x24 sheet but it seems I can't find anywhere that does this at low quantities. I've checked Kinkos and Staples, and neither of them do double-sided. I've checked lots of different printing sites online and none of them do that size less than 250-2500 quantity. I don't want or need 250 copies, at least not right now.

Is there any way I can do this without printing one-sided sheets and gluing them together??

Thanks for any advice. Any links, names of businesses, etc. or other information is greatly appreciated.

Edited by: hooman on Jun 30, 2008 11:49 PM

Re: Is There Any Way To Print 12 x 24 color, double-sided low quantity?

Can't help you out - exactly
but
if you can talk the interested parties into 13.333x22.5 (max)
look for a Xerox iGEN.
I have one and will print as few copies as 1.

MSD

The Oki ES3640 or the ES3640e digital colour press will handle this sheet size with ease. Maximum sheet size is 12.9" wide by 47.24" (327mm x 1220mm)

As an Oki dealer in Ireland, we have won a lot of business here because of this unique ability. We are a little far away to help you out but check out Oki at http://www.okidata.com/ and they should be able to give you details of a printshop near you that can offer this service.

Actually the iGen is *14.33* x 22.5, and the 22.5 is an option - standard size is 20.5.

How many are you needing, and on what kind of substrate?

The problem you're running into is that you're exceeding the maximum size of most digital presses. You could do it on an imposition proofer, though. Back up won't be as good, and you'd be a bit limited on paper type - but there are quite a few to choose from.

Thanks for the responses/ideas.

I'm actually trying to print 1 sample copy of a 12x12 calendar, so the best idea is to try and get 12x24 sheets and fold them. I would need 6 sheets, and then 1 heavier sheet for the cover/back. So 7 sheets in total, each double-sided 4/4 color.

I called Oki Data, and found a location a little ways away from me in California, but they don't do any actual printing. Nonetheless, they said they would respond with names of printers who may be able to do what I need.

I've also spoken to a local printer who may be able to do this, but they haven't responded yet.

MSD, the 14x22, or even 14x20 sounds good. Could you quote me on 7 sheets? I emailed you.

As far as substrate / paper type, I'm looking for something glossy and thin, but to be honest, it really doesn't matter as long as I can get the 12x24 size. Rich, what do you mean by "back up won't be as good"?

In any case, I am still interested in whatever other possibilities there may be.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

-Hooman

Sorry - correct
I have the 14.33 x 22.5

> {quote:title=hooman wrote:}{quote}
>Rich, what do you mean by "back up won't be as good"?

Front to back registration on litho presses or digital presses is very tight. On an imposition proofer they may be a couple of mm's off.

I have an OKI that can do that size, heavy stock or coated paper is no problem. Where are you located? We get files by email and ship by UPS or Purolator.

I would suggest finding someone with a Xeikon digital web press, they print up to a 20 inch width and any length you want 4 over 4.We have one , let me know. Geo

> {quote:title=WharfRat wrote:}{quote}
> Sorry - correct
> I have the 14.33 x 22.5
Okay, thanks. I will go with this if I can't get the 12x24.

> {quote:title=rich apollo wrote:}{quote}
> > {quote:title=hooman wrote:}{quote}
> >Rich, what do you mean by "back up won't be as good"?
>
> Front to back registration on litho presses or digital presses is very tight. On an imposition proofer they may be a couple of mm's off.
I see, I didn't realize that. I'll keep it in mind.

> {quote:title=michaelejahn wrote:}{quote}
> Have you tried http://www.Lulu.com ?
Yes, I took a look at Lulu and they don't do that size. But thanks anyway.

> {quote:title=Blair Wolfe wrote:}{quote}
> I have an OKI that can do that size, heavy stock or coated paper is no problem. Where are you located? We get files by email and ship by UPS or Purolator.

Thanks that sounds good, I'm located on the central coast of California, US. I sent you an email with my exact location and a quick request.

> {quote:title=gfry wrote:}{quote}
> I would suggest finding someone with a Xeikon digital web press, they print up to a 20 inch width and any length you want 4 over 4.We have one , let me know. Geo

I sent you an email as well.

Overall, it seems like there are some kind people here providing some good solutions. Hopefully I can work with one of you to get this done. I really am glad to have found this site. Thanks once again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back