Is there reflective sheeting for dry toner?

jdodoubleg

I am looking into the possibility of printing onto reflective sheeting using our Ricoh pro c7210x. I am looking for a material similar to 3M IJ5100 or Nikkalite 48000 sheeting.

I don't even know if it is possible.
Has anyone else looked into or tried this?

I would say no. My guess is it would melt going through a laser printer. This material is designed to go through an eco solvent printer.

Ask your media suppliers about toner compatible foil cutsheet media. I'd be sketched out about vinyl stretching and jamming from fuser heat and mechanical torment from the direction changes and rollers in a toner press.

It looks like you have a number of very capable wide format printers, including the Canon Colorado M5s that can print double sided. Why not use one of those for this job? Is the toner substantially lower cost?

It looks like you have a number of very capable wide format printers, including the Canon Colorado M5s that can print double sided. Why not use one of those for this job? Is the toner substantially lower cost?
We already use our roll printers such as the colorado to do them. The problem really lies in the speed of printing and the finishing. We don't have a label press, so we have to use our wide rolls then laminate, then cut out on our colex. Smaller items take forever to cutout on a colex. If we could print them on our Ricoh, then we'd have the sheet size to send through our die cutter. We could probably get smaller width rolls then sheet them on our Fotoba. A few less steps if we can just print on the ricoh though.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back