is your press equipped with auto blanket wash device?

Hamada H234a the best auto blanket washers...

Hamada H234a the best auto blanket washers...

IMHO. Are you really going to spend the money to put auto blanket washers on a 9800 series? I run a 9800 series and/or a Hamada H234a (234a process work) all day and yes the 9800 would be kicking with that feature it would be a waste, again... IMHO.

Before getting the Hamada I looked into the QM-46 (which is nothing more than an over engineered ab dick with a fixed T-head. Leaves little room for growth, although impressive for doing 2 color spot work, running 4 color on it is leading to a increase in pressman going bald. Shame on you QM-46 sales people for pushing it off as an option for printing 4 color)

I also looked into the 3302 and although the workhorse of the 2 color presses the blanket wash system was stated as not worth a penny (as per the salesperson, and two owners - both of which had them on the press but took them out)

My 2 cents.

Had them on old Heidelberg S/fed presses and they were ok for a quick wash but other than that always done it by hand on S/fed & Web presses, not sure if it's still legal to wash on the run on webs but if you know what you're doing and you don't have washers it saves a lot of time.

We have 4 Heidelbergs, a CD72 with cloth washers for blanket and backs and 3 SM102 perfectors, a 10c and 2 6's with the brush washers. All presses use the washers all the time but the 2 6's don't wash the backs.
My 6 is 10 years old now with 182 million imp. and when running coated stocks the blanket washers do a good job. With uncoated papers we still use the washers but depending on the run and run length we wash by hand afterward to get them really clean.
All presses finish their shifts with hand wash of blankets and backs.

Blanket wash systems help service and parts

Blanket wash systems help service and parts

Any one out there that needs help with any blanket wash systems or may need discount price on parts /cloth wet or dry /brushes /programes up grades or up dateing we can help we work with baldwin/oxy dry /sebert/fiberweb / kba/komori/ well all of them
we offer on service work free replacement parts we have one head or a hole system we like to help we can held make your wash system run better and show you how to use less cloth and keep all you solvent in plant and none going out your door we do it for quebecor world /
rr donnelly/vertis/ cenvao/ quad graphics/ and we help the small plants with one press or 15 presses let us help you can save some big money.

Blanket wash system and parts

Blanket wash system and parts

We have your wet cloth / parts / and service at a big discount
35"wet rolls for $25.00ea oxy dry brushes 35" with cam set / bushing and gear for $800.00 any part for baldwin or oxy dry /kba all at a 30% discount some parts are free with our service web page at abwsts.com

want your ABWs to work?

want your ABWs to work?

we use the ones that work. I need to fix one of ours, but that should be done this week end. I would use the ones on our other presses but the either don't work or require more effort to use than washing by hand.

We repair, rebuild, and remanufacture ABWs. We sell presoaked cloth cleans ALL inks with the same solvent, and our rolls last twice as long as our competition. We have satisfied customers all around the world. We're a small company with great prices and products competing against Baldwin. Care to know more? [email protected]

Our presoaked rolls can help you!

Our presoaked rolls can help you!

We have the autowash but have noticed that after 4-5 hours of straight running it doesent work as good, then we wash them by hand

Ian

You should try our rolls. We have patented NO VOC wash in our rolls that clean ALL inks! You have constant lubrication as our wash does not flash off or evaporate. Care to know more?

[email protected]

Our 1 roll type cleans all inks!

Our 1 roll type cleans all inks!

We use a Baldwin wet cloth system and it works quite well. Our system is about 3 years old so still new, and also allows us to switch between UV wash and Conventional wash and water, having three separate reservoirs. Depending on which of the 10 programs we use, we can use little wash and lots of water for paper lines or more solvent for the big solids, there is occasionally some extra wash on the blanket but not loads, to drip everywhere.

We compete with Baldwin and our rolls contain 1 solvent type that cleans ALL inks, no switching back and forth. No VOCs! No need for warm up and cool down time on UV lamps also as our flash point is over 350 degrees!! Want to know more?

[email protected]

Need ABW help?

Need ABW help?

For about three months I was directly spraying the blankets with press wash. Slow the press down a little, turn off the ink and spray away. I could do it in about 1100 copies from start to save, and it saved more time and was about the same waste from stopping and handwashing. And it cleaned all the metering rollers and water forms. Got in trouble though because they don't want it to go BOOM in the oven. We do have the soaked wet roll baldwins, but no one knows how to use them and or set them so we took them off. They hired a new guy w/ 20 years experience, so he might beable to make it work.

We can help you with your blanket washers! Or we might be interested in buying them if you want to sell them.

[email protected]

We have 4 Heidelbergs, a CD72 with cloth washers for blanket and backs and 3 SM102 perfectors, a 10c and 2 6's with the brush washers. All presses use the washers all the time but the 2 6's don't wash the backs.
My 6 is 10 years old now with 182 million imp. and when running coated stocks the blanket washers do a good job. With uncoated papers we still use the washers but depending on the run and run length we wash by hand afterward to get them really clean.

Are you running 24 hours per day?

Cd 102

Cd 102

We make presoaked cloths that clean ALL inks and back cylinders. Our solvent contains less than 2% VOCs! If you are using wet cloth rolls, ours will cut your usage up to 66% due to the solvent's cleaning power and flash point of over 350°! It does not flash off or evaporate, just keeps cleaning. Brush systems work, but they use lost of solvent!! If you are using dry cloth rolls and spraying them with a solvent, you can switch to presoaked rolls and eliminate drum storage and disposal, freight, clogged spray nozzles and replacing them, HAZ Mat charges....throw our rolls in the trash! Print UV and conventional? Our rolls clean both, no switching rolls or solvents! They are approved in California!!

If you want more info, e-mail us at: [email protected]

Willy,

Are your presses running 24 hours per day? At my old shop the management always wanted the machines running at the shift change although I suppose the work around would be to do it 15 to 20 minutes before the shift change. As far as back cylinders, there were times that I wondered if they were getting cleaned once per week. Then again we were a carton plant so ink didn't normally build up on the impression cylinders.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back