ISO 12647 for Gravure

Eggy

Just a quick question: Can anyone advise on the very latest Specification for Gravure under the ISO umbrella, is it going to be similar in style to ISO 12647-2 for Web offset and sheet fed being that there are possibly three standards for varying paper stocks?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks Eggy

Tricky one that, I don't think there is any official ISO spec for gravure however I don't see why the ISO target data couldn't be used as a goal although you would need to get buy in from prepress, cylinder engraver & printer etc to make it work.

There is some information about gravure on the eci.org website. I don't know if it's what you are looking for but you can download ICC profiles and documentation here:
Downloads [ECI.ORG]

Regards

ISO 12647-4 is for Publication Gravure Print.
As Thierry already mentioned, you can find some information on www.eci.org.
Actually there are different characterization data available. The differentiation is the used paper classes. LWC, LWCplus, SC, SCplus and MF are defined today.
These characterization data set up based on the gamut type 2 as it is defined in the ISO 12647-4. The Hue described in gamut type 2 is mostly used in Europe. In the rest of the world you will do hard to use these char-data as there are other Hues on the printing inks used.

Thanks All, I must admit this is one of the best, if not the best print forums on the web so many helpful people, Once again thanks It's much appreciated...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back