Just Bought a Cold Laminator, Help

pudd

We just bought a Royal Sovereign RSC-1402CW cold laminator for our school district which we will mainly be using for floor stickers. I was looking for an overlaminate but there are so many different kinds and pricing that I got lost. I was going to be using 3M 40C 3 mil Controltac and maybe Orafol Orajet 3640 and they will be put down in school hallways with a lot of foot traffic. Does anyone have any recommendations on which overlaminate I should use for those materials. I saw one on Fellers that was over $1000 for a roll which is way more than we can afford.
Also I'm assuming my Mutoh Value Jet cutter is going to be able to cut those materials with the laminate.
If anyone has some suggestions for what else we could laminate besides floor graphics that would be helpful. I'm thinking posters but I think I needed a hot laminator to laminate posters to foam core.
Thanks

We are a 100+ year old printshop that recently installed a large format laminator and cutter to bring more things in-house. For floor decals we used the 3m 40C and then laminated them with Briteline OLFL309 which is 5mil and has a pebbly non-slip finish. It is $360 for 150 foot roll of 54" material. We then cut them out with a Summa cutter. It went well and they were installed outside on concrete. They are holding up well.

We also do a lot of gator foam mounted posters. We use Avery Dennison adhesive vinyl and laminate with 3mil UV laminate, which is pretty cheap for laminate. Then we use the laminator or a roller we have to roll the graphic onto the foam board.

We offer a 3.75 Mil Textured Clear Polypropylene that is UL410 Approved for slip resistance.
54" x 150' Roll is $265.00 Delivered.

Base material 4 Mil White Vinyl with removable adhesive 54" x 150' Roll also $265.00 Delivered.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back